The secret to Happiness - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum
  • 1 Post By Shawn of the Dead

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old Jun 7th, 2019, 3:28 pm Thread Starter

Garage
The secret to Happiness

I couldn't decide on which bike to take to Deals Gap last year. Like a fully insane person I rode my Hyper 1100s from central Indiana to Gatlinburg and then on to the gap the next day. I did not turn a mile of interstate.

From Columbus Indiana to Frankfort Kentucky was a nail biter on mileage....I was on fumes !!

My buddy and his girlfriend trailer his R1 and my Monster 1200R and we camped for a week on the gap.

Amazing time. He was stunned as I am way way quicker on the monster than I ever was on my 1098. What can I say....a handlebar gives me confidence I guess.

The hyper pic is my "touring" set up. An airhawk pad, tail-bag and a backpack. It was not bad as a sport tourer although I did end up with a pinched nerve in my neck. Getting old ain't for sissies!!!

And yes....multile bike on a bike vacation is the secret to happiness. I am doing it again next week and again in September
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2876.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	3.92 MB
ID:	945281   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2852.PNG
Views:	75
Size:	7.50 MB
ID:	945283  
PhilBoncer likes this.

"And like the snows of yesteryear...gone from the earth"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old Jun 7th, 2019, 3:39 pm
work to live. ride to work.

great ride report, the hyper is definitely an excellent tool for US129! Glad to hear it was an OK tourer too. Hope you can make it to ECM next year!

2019 BMW R1250GS
2019 Aprilia Tuono Factory
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old Jun 7th, 2019, 4:26 pm

Sounds like a great ride, to me. I live in Gatlinburg, so the TOTD is right in my back yard. Both of my Ducs are 748's- I couldn't imagine making the trek on a Superbike from your neck of the woods, but on a Hyper.... oh yeah. That would be a great trip,indeed.
Ride safe!
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old Jun 9th, 2019, 9:51 am Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desimoto View Post
Sounds like a great ride, to me. I live in Gatlinburg, so the TOTD is right in my back yard. Both of my Ducs are 748's- I couldn't imagine making the trek on a Superbike from your neck of the woods, but on a Hyper.... oh yeah. That would be a great trip,indeed.
Ride safe!

I met a guy a on the Dragon a few years back on a yellow 748 when I was down with my 1098 !! Think he had a New York plate. I am jealous AF that you liv in that area. Its a dream for me. I will be down on Friday the 14th with a bright blue HD and the Black Hyper.

Staying in town proper. I will be on the look out for a 748 !!

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old Jun 9th, 2019, 11:13 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn of the Dead View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desimoto View Post
Ride safe!

I met a guy a on the Dragon a few years back on a yellow 748 when I was down with my 1098 !! Think he had a New York plate. I am jealous AF that you liv in that area. Its a dream for me. I will be down on Friday the 14th with a bright blue HD and the Black Hyper.

Staying in town proper. I will be on the look out for a 748 !!

Sounds good, friend. You might see me up there. Be on the lookout for a silver one, too... I've been riding my Neiman-Marcus 748 a lot, lately.
😉
Have a safe trip!
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old Aug 21st, 2019, 1:21 am

Tjenhuper or any standards/ultralight is a hoot there. I find I didn't enjoy my 1098s or 1098s streetfighter half as much as my monsters or rc390
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old Aug 21st, 2019, 10:32 am Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmostro View Post
Tjenhuper or any standards/ultralight is a hoot there. I find I didn't enjoy my 1098s or 1098s streetfighter half as much as my monsters or rc390

Agreed ....The 1098 was pretty fun on the Cherahola Skyway I found but not nearly as much as the Monster. I head back down in about 2 weeks for camping and riding. I have to figure out how to get my Hyper in the bed of my truck (short bed) as I am taking my Monster and a buddies R1.

Probably wedge it in crossways and leave it behind if it wont fit. : (

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old Aug 21st, 2019, 10:59 am

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn of the Dead View Post
He was stunned as I am way way quicker on the monster than I ever was on my 1098. What can I say....a handlebar gives me confidence I guess.
That's interesting because my chicken strips are way smaller (not there) on my Scrambler, slightly more on my Multistrada and the biggest on my Diavel and Sport Classic. I've always thought that I need to go to a riding school to solve that issue.

Has to be a confidence thing right?

1965 250 Fuller-Custom Scrambler; 1998 916 SPS; 2002 MH900e; 2006 Paul Smart 1000 LE; 2011 Diavel Carbon; 2013 Multistrada GT; 2016 Scrambler UE
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old Aug 21st, 2019, 7:34 pm

Happiness,
Is a warm Duc,
Rev rev grin grin.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old Aug 22nd, 2019, 11:45 am Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by O_2The_L View Post
That's interesting because my chicken strips are way smaller (not there) on my Scrambler, slightly more on my Multistrada and the biggest on my Diavel and Sport Classic. I've always thought that I need to go to a riding school to solve that issue.

Has to be a confidence thing right?
Tire size and riding style have alot to do with it. If you are able to hang off more you may end up with larger areas of unused tire as you do not have to lean the bike as much. Not sure if it means much anyway but confidence sure helps !

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode