Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

ECM-X, May 6 - 12, 2019

111K views 2K replies 46 participants last post by  Philigale 
#1 ·
Dear Frens,

Damn, into November already, it's past time to copy and paste again! If you've been you know how special this event is. If you're thinking about it - DO IT! The Blueridge Parkway, the Cherohala Skyway, the Tail of The Dragon, Route 28 - riding with frens makes these epic twisties even epic-er.

(You'll be even faster in the evening when you recount the day's adventures over beers (and whatever) in the parking lot.

See attached pic for room and cabin rates. We strongly encourage folks to PLEASE BOOK A ROOM IN THE LODGE rather than hiding in the far off cabins. It's more fun to drunkenly scrum in the bike filled parking lot.

Attachments

#141 ·
Jeez do I feel out of place now. I've brought both BMWs and HDs to ECMs. My old friend the '73 R75/5 (in my barn since '76) and the Aermacchi (yeah, it has H-D stamped all over it but it is really an Aermacchi, damn it). Both were fun rides on the mountain roads and KillBoy got some great shots, so there. Still, the GT is the bike that gets the most miles put on it so all is not lost.

FFS is it May yet?

Sent from my P008 using Tapatalk

#145 ·
Man oh man... I step away for movie shoot for a day and this forum explodes!

BMW drags bags and pegs before the heads, I tested... Kamal said he heard the sound and was thinking "here goes another dumb ass crashing in front of me"

BTW I got about 6K on those PR4's now, they seem to wear like a rock

Attachments

#152 · (Edited)
My last ride over Cherohala was a rather spirited one. Probably the fastest pass I've ever made. I got dusted by two friends: one on his R1150GS and the other on a 690 Duke. Definitely the rider.

Rich, if you buy a GS, I will definitely make fun of you for buying a "dad" bike, but I'm sure you will enjoy it and be able to hustle it just fine.

#156 ·
Man, I been thinking about this. I know you told me the dudes were fast, but. The dude on the 690, I bet he wasn't running PR5's cause I couldn't ride the Cherohala for shit with them on my 690. It was nervous as all get out in the top two gears.

#157 ·
I think he was running Dunlop Q3+. He also has redone the suspension on the bike. He put a Penske on the back. I think he put a Traxxion Dynamics kit in the forks. He also ran the forks up in the triples by at least an inch and put some clip ons on the bike. Its amusing that he has made a Duke as sporty as possible. All of those changes have worked for him. Prior to the changes, he was pretty displeased with the bike. And yeah, he's pretty damn fast.

#158 ·
Yep. Stock the suspension is pretty week. Bargain basement WP.

I have the European R Cup class forks and shock. Kinda like the cup stuff they did for the 390! But it jacks the bike up about 1.5” for ground clearance.

On the Dragon it was awesome. On the Skyway it was spooky going into turns hot. I blamed the tires. Back at the lodge Chuckracer blamed it on not enough rebound in the forks. Even with it dialed to full slow.

Since one leg does comp and the other rebound I think I’ll try some heavier oil this next year in the rebound side.

But I still think it’s those PR5’s. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

#167 ·
Last summer I took my Panzer bike across Cherohala and caught up with a group of 3 riders (they were not slow, but there were 2 bad accidents and one asshole mower) so I went with them, two lead bikes were moving right along, can't recall what they were, locals, third guy was a CA plated Harley, dude was unbelievable, I could tell he was not familiar with the road and somewhat timid in blind corners, but once the turns opened up on TN side he was FLYING! I stopped when they did at near Telico by the river, HD guy rode from CA to hang out with his buds and it was his first day there, apparently he runs canyons on that douche canoe and has some skillz! I'm sure I could have taken him but it would have been a stupid move and there was no point since I could barely keep up in some spots anyway...

I may bring the Panzer back this year, just found what I hope to be the last of electrical gremlins (only took 2 years) and now it actually has balls (was down something like 20-30hp) now it can wheelie where before I could barely pass a Harley

#169 ·
(starting to feel unsafe...go to your happy place inside...remember, they are just mean, silly boys and they're only teasing, they won't really light your motorcycle on fire...

...but what about Dan)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.