Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

ECM-X, May 6 - 12, 2019

111K views 2K replies 46 participants last post by  Philigale 
#1 ·
Dear Frens,

Damn, into November already, it's past time to copy and paste again! If you've been you know how special this event is. If you're thinking about it - DO IT! The Blueridge Parkway, the Cherohala Skyway, the Tail of The Dragon, Route 28 - riding with frens makes these epic twisties even epic-er.

(You'll be even faster in the evening when you recount the day's adventures over beers (and whatever) in the parking lot.

See attached pic for room and cabin rates. We strongly encourage folks to PLEASE BOOK A ROOM IN THE LODGE rather than hiding in the far off cabins. It's more fun to drunkenly scrum in the bike filled parking lot.

Attachments

#2 ·
key elements

-DATES: Monday, May 6 - Sunday, May 12, 2019
-HOTEL:Fontana Village Resort 800-849-2258 -Fontana Dam North Carolina- www.fontanavillage.com- ask for ducati.ms group* rate
-OTHER STUFF: TBD

-Attendees (copy the header, add your name at the bottom.. if you drop your friends we will drop you too)

1. your name here
2. someone else's name here
3. and so on

#3 ·
(I dearly hope I can make it. I've applied to a certification program and if accepted I'd be in San Francisco on 5/3, 5/4, and 5/5 and that's a lot of country to travel in a short amount of time! might have to do the fly-and-rent-a-bike thing again)

#4 ·
-HOTEL:Fontana Village Resort 800-849-2258 -Fontana Dam North Carolina- www.fontanavillage.com- ask for ducati.ms group* rate

-Attendees (copy the header, add your name at the bottom.. if you drop your friends we will drop you too)

1. Tripod
2. Woody
3. and so on

#5 ·
DATES: Monday, May 6 - Sunday, May 12, 2019

1. Tripod
2. Woody
3. t-bills

#7 ·

1. Tripod
2. Woody
3. t-bills
4. Yorik

Didn't we talk about moving down to the Cabana lower level rooms?

#8 · (Edited)
I’ve stayed in the cabanas every year except two. I think it would be a way to bring back the good old days of the parking lot party. The main lot has gotten too civilized and the cabana lot is more private.

But the contract with Fontana would need to be renegotiated. Right now it does not allow for special pricing for cabana rooms. Last year I was able to get the reduced rate because all the reserved rooms for us were already booked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

#9 ·
DATES: Monday, May 6 - Sunday, May 12, 2019

1. Tripod
2. Woody
3. t-bills
4. Yorik
5. Duckman

#14 ·
Let me know as soon as she sets it up so I can reserve MY room that I always get. It'll be fun to see if and who gets the famous blow job room upstairs by the pool. That room is more famous than if Elvis had slept there. :)

#21 ·
Yes, I will add those in now at a rate of $133.00 per night for you.
Thanks

Marie R. Brown
Group Sales Manager
828.498.2154- Office
828.735.4973- Cell

2018 logo small
300 Woods Road
Fontana Dam, NC 28733
www.fontanavillage.com

Sent: Saturday, November 10, 2018 8:10 AM
To: Marie Brown <marie.brown@fontanavillage.com>

Hi Marie, the fellas are asking about reserving cabana rooms at a special rate, would that be possible?

#25 ·
In case you are on the fence about going (been there, done that) here's something that may help you decide: The Missing Link of the Foothills finally complete and open to traffic! Can't wait to check it out

I still don't know how to embed the vids, so here's a link to u-tubz by killboy

*Looks like this site is smarter than me :)
** it's a 360 vid, use your mouse to move the image around, mindblowing!

#32 · (Edited)
I may do both this next year. One of my kids just bought a motorhome and that makes it very nice to be there. It really sucks being out in the hot sun or cold wind or cold windy rain all day. And then have to fight the traffic out and then back in the next day.

Thomas, I'm sure camping helps when the weather's nice but damn, you never know what it's going to be like there. I swear every year it's different. The way things are going with all the global warming we're having it could snow next year. :)

PS: if you ride be sure and stop by the house on the way at 1600 hr so you can ride through Houston on the way to Austin. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.