WCM 2019 (West Coast Meetup 2019) 6/13-6/16 - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 227 (permalink) Old Sep 29th, 2018, 8:59 pm Thread Starter
Administrator

Garage
WCM 2019 (West Coast Meetup 2019) 6/13-6/16

Dates: June 13th to 16th

​Plumas Pines Resort
3000 Almanor Drive West
Canyon Dam, CA 95923

http://www.plumaspinesresort.com/
Contact Phone: 530.259.4343
Owner is: Kevin

Yes! I have everything set up now and the reservation prices are as follows:
Single Rooms: $95
Double Rooms that has the second bed in a semi - separate area: $115

Cabins:
1 queen / two twins: $145
1 King (honeymoon suite): $175

------------------------------- The Below Was Posted In Pre-Planning On 9/29/2018 ----------------------------------------
I know it is early but I wanted to start a discussion about Graeagle dates and lodging. I called the River Pines Resort to hold 15 rooms and they told me they are booked both weekends I was thinking of (June 14th or June 21st). I can look at other weekends or I can look at alternative places to stay and just wanted to get a little input from the crew. I know we can't please everyone so I will look at this as an advisory committee
Coconut and JACKIE TREEHORN like this.

Scott
Sacramento CA

'03 Ducati ST4S with ABS - '12 KTM 500EXC - '19 BMW R1250GSA
(Jessica Focker's) '15 BMW S1000RR - '17 KTM 350EXC-F - '09 Yamaha XT250

Some of the most asinine things people do are typically preceded by the two words "Watch this."

Last edited by scott; Jan 14th, 2019 at 9:08 pm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 227 (permalink) Old Sep 29th, 2018, 10:02 pm
Prolific Poster Award

I might be riding up to Graeagle Oct 7th on a little group ride, always liked it up there, hgwy 89 is a beautiful ride in with the big meadows and forests all around.

03 FLHRI Road King
03 999R #189
09 1125CR Buell (sold)
07 1100S MTS (sold)
04 999S (sold)
95 916 (sold)
01 900SS (sold)
05 Honda 600RR (sold before I crashed it)
05 Honda 600RR (full Yosh, PC, totalled it)

Ducati-Owners-Group of Sacramento region.
post #3 of 227 (permalink) Old Sep 29th, 2018, 10:23 pm

Garage
It's never too early to start thinking about the next meet in my book... If forced to choose between the June 14th or 21st, I'd go for the 14th for more separation between WCM and WSBK/4th of July time off from work. If I were part of the retiree set it'd be the other way around.

Thanks Scott!

2007 GT1000
2003 DS1000 SuperSport
post #4 of 227 (permalink) Old Sep 29th, 2018, 10:46 pm

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
If forced to choose between the June 14th or 21st, I'd go for the 14th for more separation between WCM and WSBK/4th of July time off from work. If I were part of the retiree set it'd be the other way around.

Thanks Scott!
I agree...yet I'm part of the retiree crowd....well, partially anyway. More separation between WSBK weekend and WCM gets my vote. I declined to go this year as there was very little time in between.

I suppose I could pull off a day ride up and then back the next but where's the fun in the that?...sean

Quote:
My garage: Twins:2000.5 Mille R, 2000 996, 1994 EX500 basket case 1993 900SS. Suzukis: 2004 GSXR600, 1992 GSXR750 oil boiler, 1983 XN-85 Turbo
post #5 of 227 (permalink) Old Sep 30th, 2018, 10:01 am
Seņor Member

Either of those dates work for me so maybe looking for another lodging that can accommodate us would be good.
post #6 of 227 (permalink) Old Sep 30th, 2018, 10:39 am

As part of the retiree set I have the luxury of time without committments. Either weekend works for me. I think I will arrive earlier this year and stay longer. The I5 ride up through Oregon on any Sunday is a killer

Current Rides
2012 Multistrada 1200 S, 2000 996 mono track only, 1997 900 SS track only, 2002 BMW R1100S, 1970 Triumph Bonneville (restoration project)
post #7 of 227 (permalink) Old Oct 2nd, 2018, 4:07 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian996 View Post
As part of the retiree set I have the luxury of time without committments. Either weekend works for me. I think I will arrive earlier this year and stay longer. The I5 ride up through Oregon on any Sunday is a killer

I didn’t mind the ride back until it started raining. Until then I just pretended like I was still in the land of glorious lane-splitting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #8 of 227 (permalink) Old Oct 9th, 2018, 1:34 pm

Hi, can you describe for us newbies what a WCM Graeagle meet up (or other) would look like?

Is there riding in the area or is it the final destination and the ride up to Graeagle is the adventure.

Is there any camping?

The population looks small in Graeagle (nice to me). Is Mount Shasta too far? Anything with a swimming lake sounds good to me, too.

Thanks and the date looks good, school is out and it's sandwiched nicely between Memorial May and July Independence.

I would be coming up from the Bay Area. This could be my first meet up!
post #9 of 227 (permalink) Old Oct 9th, 2018, 7:55 pm Thread Starter
Administrator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcoat View Post
Hi, can you describe for us newbies what a WCM Graeagle meet up (or other) would look like?

Is there riding in the area or is it the final destination and the ride up to Graeagle is the adventure.

Is there any camping?

The population looks small in Graeagle (nice to me). Is Mount Shasta too far? Anything with a swimming lake sounds good to me, too.

Thanks and the date looks good, school is out and it's sandwiched nicely between Memorial May and July Independence.

Our West Coast Meet Ups are at a location that we converge on and then we do a Friday and Saturday ride with evenings spent having cocktails, dinner and social times. There a number of lakes around the Graeagle area. Check out Gold Lake Hwy about 10 minutes away that has at least 10 lakes to visit.

Scott
Sacramento CA

'03 Ducati ST4S with ABS - '12 KTM 500EXC - '19 BMW R1250GSA
(Jessica Focker's) '15 BMW S1000RR - '17 KTM 350EXC-F - '09 Yamaha XT250

Some of the most asinine things people do are typically preceded by the two words "Watch this."
post #10 of 227 (permalink) Old Oct 9th, 2018, 10:03 pm
Smut peddler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcoat View Post

Is there any camping?

The basics are as such; All day you hang on for dear life, trying to stay within sonar range of some little blonde chica and a few "retired" guys (they must got somewhere to be, because gottdamn, theyre in a hurry). Then you get back to start a night of hedonistic debauchery, filled with oiled Turkish leg wrestling, fire walking over the campfire, a hunt into the woods to kill what you grill (bare hands no less), then do shooters out of a Termi tuner pipe until the sun comes up. I don't know how I ended up on the roof, but I can tell you shingles chafe like a mother when your naked. Don't remember what happened, can't wait to do it again.

In all cerealness (I'm being totally cereal), this is a great meet, with even greaterer people. I'm down for whenever/wherever. I will instill my faith and give my first unborn (who wants one of those things anyways) in whatever deity will allow me to make next year's meet. This year sucked missing this event, hope it don't happen again.
scott, John and complexCarlo like this.

'09 multi 1100
'11 Hyper 1100
'12 Monster 1100
What's a pederast, Walter? Shut the fuck up Donny....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode