WCM 2019 (West Coast Meetup 2019) 6/13-6/16 - Page 20 - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #191 of 224 (permalink) Old May 8th, 2019, 10:36 am

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
I started looking at hotels in the Fortuna area for that Wednesday night, prices seemed higher than expected ($120-plus).
Have you looked at Airbnb's? There are some in Fortuna for less than $100/night. Just a thought.
Coconut likes this.

Jessica
2015 BMW S1000RR
2017 KTM 350 EXC
2009 Yamaha XT250
God made some girls perfect. The rest are put in cars.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #192 of 224 (permalink) Old May 8th, 2019, 11:03 am Thread Starter
Administrator

Garage
There is a cheesy old school motel in Rio Del you could check out: https://www.humboldtgablesmotel.com
Coconut likes this.

Scott
Sacramento CA

'03 Ducati ST4S with ABS - '12 KTM 500EXC - '19 BMW R1250GSA
(Jessica Focker's) '15 BMW S1000RR - '17 KTM 350EXC-F - '09 Yamaha XT250

Some of the most asinine things people do are typically preceded by the two words "Watch this."
post #193 of 224 (permalink) Old May 8th, 2019, 3:39 pm

Garage
I have not, yet... I'll look in to Airbnb's and the cheesy old school place this evening, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Focker View Post
Have you looked at Airbnb's? There are some in Fortuna for less than $100/night. Just a thought.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott View Post
There is a cheesy old school motel in Rio Del you could check out: https://www.humboldtgablesmotel.com

2007 GT1000
2003 DS1000 SuperSport
post #194 of 224 (permalink) Old May 8th, 2019, 5:07 pm

Hi there Jackie. Yes we still plan on going!!! It will be good to see your again, but no complaining about how slow we go. Remember to respect your elders.
Plans are not firm, but we usually hookup at the golden arches just north of castaic around 9:30 on wednesday. flog up the 5 and get to San Andreas for the night. We will ride on up 49 and arrive at the lake for thurs night. So far that is all of our formal planing. GJ and friends will be with us. As a side note, we dont have anything firm for the lake, because of the unreasonable "no refund" policy at Plumas Pines in January.

We will be missing IAN and hoping that all is going well. I don't fully understand how he managed to get in front of that Kraut Kart. Are you sure that was IAN in front. All that I have ever seen was the back of that quick one. Now in my senior years on the old ST, I plan to keep Jackie company. OH WELL The little pani is still here and is good for short runs up to Newcombs, but still doesn't have any luggace capacity. It is still great fun for me.

It looks like it will be a good group again. Do we have a final count? Enguiring minds would like to know.

Ride REDD and Keep the rubber side down. Sure glad Coconut reminds us of the time.
Coconut and F1_nut like this.
post #195 of 224 (permalink) Old May 8th, 2019, 5:44 pm

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damascus View Post
I'm in! I worked things out with Ian and Kevin at Plumas Pines and I'm good to go. I'm looking forward to meeting up with you all. I've never been up that way and it looks beautiful! Thanks to all who organized this WCM. Ride safe, Murph
Great to see another Bay Area resident attending! I keep trying to get guys from the local Desmo groups to come but ....

I'm heading up Thursday if you want to join me.

Victor ---- ig = @CheFigatta
2006 ST3s ABS & 1990 Honda VTR250 (project bike)
post #196 of 224 (permalink) Old May 8th, 2019, 6:57 pm

Hi Patrick, I sent you an email about lodging in the Fortuna area. I might have a solution for you!
And yes, I wish I was riding down with you...
post #197 of 224 (permalink) Old May 9th, 2019, 12:58 am

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 59 penquin View Post
We will ride on up 49 and arrive at the lake for thurs night.
On Google maps, that looks like a sweet ride.

1976 RD400 (Project), 1997 916 Biposto, 2013 Street Triple R, 2014 Multistrada 1200S
post #198 of 224 (permalink) Old May 9th, 2019, 9:18 am
Seņor Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 59 penquin View Post
Hi there Jackie. Yes we still plan on going!!! It will be good to see your again, but no complaining about how slow we go. Remember to respect your elders.
Plans are not firm, but we usually hookup at the golden arches just north of castaic around 9:30 on wednesday. flog up the 5 and get to San Andreas for the night. We will ride on up 49 and arrive at the lake for thurs night. So far that is all of our formal planing. GJ and friends will be with us. As a side note, we dont have anything firm for the lake, because of the unreasonable "no refund" policy at Plumas Pines in January.

We will be missing IAN and hoping that all is going well. I don't fully understand how he managed to get in front of that Kraut Kart. Are you sure that was IAN in front. All that I have ever seen was the back of that quick one. Now in my senior years on the old ST, I plan to keep Jackie company. OH WELL The little pani is still here and is good for short runs up to Newcombs, but still doesn't have any luggace capacity. It is still great fun for me.

It looks like it will be a good group again. Do we have a final count? Enguiring minds would like to know.

Ride REDD and Keep the rubber side down. Sure glad Coconut reminds us of the time.
My son and I will be heading up on Thursday out of Sacramento with the bikes in the truck. We’ll be looking for you on the way up.

1996 900 SS/SP #C25
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Special
2014 Royal Enfield Continental GT

Last edited by redpato; May 9th, 2019 at 10:14 am.
post #199 of 224 (permalink) Old May 9th, 2019, 9:33 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1_nut View Post
Great to see another Bay Area resident attending! I keep trying to get guys from the local Desmo groups to come but ....

I'm heading up Thursday if you want to join me.
I appreciate the offer friend but I better go solo on this one so I don't drive you insane before you even get to know me. I'm not sure when I can leave because of my bizarro, non-standard job (I may be flying in from LA the night before); I'm slow; I'll probably be slabbing it the whole way; and with my cool, new over active bladder I have to stop and piss seemingly every [email protected]#$%^&* 10 miles!

Probably best if I meet you up there. I hope you understand. Ride safe, Murph

2012 Arctic White Multistrada 1200S Touring Model
post #200 of 224 (permalink) Old May 9th, 2019, 5:27 pm

Garage
Hello Robert, 'sent you an email back.

'Wish you were riding down the same time too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertVP View Post
Hi Patrick, I sent you an email about lodging in the Fortuna area. I might have a solution for you!
And yes, I wish I was riding down with you...

2007 GT1000
2003 DS1000 SuperSport
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode