Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Track Day Insurance???

880 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Earthshake 
#1 ·
Anybody know of any insurance companies that cover wrecks while at the track?

Based on my research, just about all the mainstream insurance companies do not cover a loss while at the track.

I’m wondering if there are any companies that specialize in that or if anyone knows of any companies that offers coverage in the event of a loss at the track.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2 ·
There are several companies that offer what is called "track day insurance"
Hargerty is one of them, I am not recommending or not recommending them.. I have never used them... I just know they exist so you can check quotes with them.

#3 ·
There are several companies that offer what is called "track day insurance"

Hargerty is one of them, I am not recommending or not recommending them.. I have never used them... I just know they exist so you can check quotes with them.

Yeah I talked with Hagerty, the unfortunately don’t offer track day coverage for motorcycles

#4 ·
I've wondered about this as well. Given that you are putting yourself in a situation where you are intentionally pushing your own limits and/or those of the motorcycle, added to the fact that you're surrounded by a bunch of others doing the same thing who could take you out with a small mistake, the risk level for an insurer would be very high, and premiums would also be very high IF any insurer is even interested in providing this type of coverage. I've read other posts on various forums where people have said that it's training on a closed-circuit non-public course and insurers should have no problems with this, but I have my doubts. I'd check with your existing insurer and see what their take on it is. Insurance brokers' job is to be able to track down an underwriter for any situation.

#5 ·
I just got off the phone with GEICO and they said they will cover if you only do ONE track event per year. Anything more than ONE track event per year is considered non-permissible use or something and is grounds for termination of your contract.

#6 ·
Copied this from another website, not my info.

But apparently these companies do motorcycle track day insurance:

Moris, ◦Adrian Flux, ◦Competition Car Insurance, ◦PaceWard, ◦SkyInsurance, ◦Reis, ◦Insure My Track Day, ◦Extreme Plus, ◦Peacock Insurance, ◦Greenlight, ◦Herts Insurance, ◦Towergate, ◦ClassicLine Insurance

… But it also sounds like Geico might work if you don't crash more than once a year...lol

#7 ·
Copied this from another website, not my info.

But apparently these companies do motorcycle track day insurance:

Moris, ◦Adrian Flux, ◦Competition Car Insurance, ◦PaceWard, ◦SkyInsurance, ◦Reis, ◦Insure My Track Day, ◦Extreme Plus, ◦Peacock Insurance, ◦Greenlight, ◦Herts Insurance, ◦Towergate, ◦ClassicLine Insurance

… But it also sounds like Geico might work if you don't crash more than once a year...lol

I’ll check those out as well thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.