$92.17 for an oil change....did I get ripped off? - Page 5 - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 42 (permalink) Old Aug 29th, 2007, 7:05 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy
oil - $6.00 x 4 = 24.00(buy Mobil 1 syn in bulk)
filter - $0.00 = 0.00 (I have a Scotts reusable filter)
Washer - $0.00 = 0.00 ( I reuse 3-4 times 0 leaks)
Supplies - $ 0.00 = 0.00 (I have a garage full of everything)
Six Pack - $7.99 = $7.99

Total $31.99 and having the satisfaction or working on it myself and knowing its done right.
Not quite, you still had to pay for that Scotts filter the first time. How much was that? Of course you also had to buy the garage supplies too.
And how long does it take to clean the Scotts filter? I prefer to use a new filter every time than deal with the mess and hassle of cleaning the Scotts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 42 (permalink) Old Aug 29th, 2007, 11:41 pm
Bobaganoosh

The Scotts was about 80 bucks. I pop the retainer spring out pull the filter spray with brake clean, blow with compressed air and reassemble. All in all, it take me about 2 min to clean. Its got a hex nut machined into the case for easy tightening or loosing and also works good for safety wiring. Now that I have a brand new motor and need to break it in. I'm not wasting filters.

My shop supplies are negligable, since I use it for all my vehicles. To each is own. If you want to pay someone, cause you dont want to get some oil on your hands, more power to ya. I prefer doing it myself, I enjoy wrenching and get the satisfaction that its done right, oh yeah and I save a lot of money by doing it myself.

In a Michigan State University study that ranked 34 major countries by their citizens' acceptance of the theory of evolution, the United States ranked second to last (thank you, Turkey). 39% of our adult population rejects the concept.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode