Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Supersport Pictures - Let's See 'Em

2M views 4K replies 1K participants last post by  gpzbeaner 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
A beautiful day on the California Coast.

Attachments

See less See more
#2,019 ·
Finally got around to taking some decent pics of the bike. She's kind of dirty from the ride yesterday, but it's kind of drizzling now and going to pour later. PS, the pics were taken at a place called Five Points in Long Island City.

#2,028 ·
My pics....1996 900SS CR

Not a whole lot done to it as I'm in love with it's simplicity.
Just got a freshening up at Clubhouse Motorsports, so it's good for the next 36,000 miles :D

Someday, I'll do the motor work similar to what Bill T did to his.

Attachments

#2,030 ·
1994 900ss/sp. I got this in November. It's red:

except on track days:

I'll probably put an Airtech tail kit on this. Anybody use the seat pad that comes with their supermono tail kit?
What exhaust do you have on it? Can you show us the right side of the bike??

Here's mine, new to me 3 weeks ago.

Attachments

#2,036 ·
Just an update

Hi all,

I just wanted to post an update onmy 900SS. After I crashed it last year it was partly rebuild for this year with some help of mates (the painting) and my dealer (parts).

This is how it looked like last year before the crash with original fairings etc... untill I crashed it in Carole (see pics)

Attachments

#2,037 ·
just an update 2

Then I quickly replaced some parts an finished the season like this, mix of colors and parts :(

Attachments

#2,038 ·
just an update - final

And for this year I partly rebuild it with some help of mates (painting) and dealer (parts & technical advise).

I'm now also using poly fairing, other dashboard, second oil cooler to keep it from heating up, etc...

Just have to adapt and mount the high mounted boss exhausts. But first have to find dB killers for those, otherwise I get black flagged on most tracks over here.

Attachments

#2,040 ·
And for this year I partly rebuild it with some help of mates (painting) and dealer (parts & technical advise).

I'm now also using poly fairing, other dashboard, second oil cooler to keep it from heating up, etc...

Just have to adapt and mount the high mounted boss exhausts. But first have to find dB killers for those, otherwise I get black flagged on most tracks over here.
That is why I'll be using stock exhausts on 11th of august on the Intertrack trackday on Mettet :) Hope to see you there ;)

Nice bike btw! I'll be using one of these :)

#2,045 ·
ur bike is still lookin great Chuck would have to be one of the nicest late model supers around never get tired of lookin at it

front light looks the goods too

#2,053 · (Edited)
My 92 White Frame 750SS

Went to European Motorcycle Day last year and this bike was for sale in the parking lot! This is one of the cleanest early SuperSports I have ever seen! There isn't a mark on the bodywork anywhere! The bike is exactly as it was the day it was delivered except for a 1 tooth smaller front sprocket and European jetting on the carbs!! Only wish it was a 91 900, but beggars can't be choosy! Runs as good as it looks! Looking for exhaust alternatives now. Any ideas? Would like something period.

TIA, Phil

Attachments

#2,054 ·
Wow, that is clean! The white frames are definitely growing on me.

Went to European Motorcycle Day last year and this bike was for sale in the parking lot! This is one of the cleanest early SuperSports I have ever seen! There isn't a mark on the bodywork anywhere! The bike is exactly as it was the day it was delivered except for a 1 tooth smaller front sprocket and European jetting on the carbs!! Only wish it was a 91 900, but beggars can't be choosy! Runs as good as it looks! Looking for exhaust alternatives now. Any ideas? Would like something period.

TIA, Phil

#2,056 ·
The white frame does indeed give a cool look :cool: And yours looks brand new! :eek:

Very fun bike to ride that 750SS, had one myself. Compared to a 900 is lacks a bit of bottom end punch, but they ride a bit smoother imo.

Still, wouldn't want to give up my 900SL for the 750 though :)

#2,060 ·
In Europe the SL was only in red in '92. In later years it was also available in yellow, but not sure for which model years that was. The US SL was only available in yellow :)
The SL was made untill '96. The last 'Superlight' was the '97 900SS FE.
Still feel strange to me that US Ducati's from that time are one model year behind on Europe models.

#2,067 ·
San Juan Mts.

Stopped on the side of the road, on the "million $$ highway" between Durango Co and Siverton Co. Took this pic with my phone and sent it with a "wish you were here" note to all my riding friends in Tx. I'm sure they were smoldering in the 99deg. heat. .....oh and how do you attach and make the pics bigger, as above?

Attachments

#2,071 ·
.....oh and how do you attach and make the pics bigger, as above?
Put the image link in between
but without the space.

The image does become rather large when you click to view the full size image.