ecu map? - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old Mar 19th, 2017, 7:34 pm Thread Starter

ecu map?

2008 1100s
my dash says "hyper racing" when I turn it on. I was told by the prev owner it has a race ecu? how do I verify the tune? I ask because I rode it for the first time today and throttle down low is very twitchy and lean feeling.
currently has
full termi dual exhaust
• Ducati Performance Race ECU
• Ducati Performance race AirBox lid
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old Mar 19th, 2017, 10:31 pm

I notice that you are new to the forum, perhaps you are new to Ducati as well. The motor you are on top of does not like to be below 4,000 rpm in almost any of the factory tunes, including the full system race ECU's. Most learn to find the sweet spot and ride in it but the bike can be transformed to be smooth down low as well as continuing to pull hard when needed. I have a re-map of the race ECU on my EVO SP and am very satisfied. Having said that there are some common areas to check first to make sure that you are starting from a good baseline, in particular the electronics seem particularly sensitive to battery voltage, make sure yours is in top shape. I would STRONGLY suggest grabbing a couple of beer and doing a forum search, then return here with any follow ups. You will find literally hours and hours of very educational, interesting reading here. Welcome.
apexprophoto likes this.

2010 Hypermotard 1100 EVO SP.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old Mar 20th, 2017, 2:54 am

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexprophoto View Post
2008 1100s
my dash says "hyper racing" when I turn it on. I was told by the prev owner it has a race ecu? how do I verify the tune?
"HYPER RACING" means the ECU for the Termi slip-on.
"HYM RACING EVO" means the ECU for the Termi full system.

Of course, it's also possible to flash a different tune without changing the welcome display message. If it's still twitchy down low, I doubt it. That would be consistent with some lean running caused by the freer-flowing race pipes being run with a fuel map meant for a slip-on and catalytic converter.
seank likes this.

2008 Hypermotard 1100 S

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old Mar 20th, 2017, 3:36 am

Pull ur tank cover off. Right hand side.

Check the sticker on the ecu.

#####308B is for slip on termis

Build it right, always warm it up, then THRASH it
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old Mar 20th, 2017, 9:17 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braaap View Post
Pull ur tank cover off. Right hand side.

Check the sticker on the ecu.

#####308B is for slip on termis
Thanks Braap! I was fumbling thru the boxes the seller gave me and found the stock ecu, but I am going to check it out tonight. The abruptness down low is annoying so I am not sure if I will get a power commander and or get a reflash?
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old Mar 20th, 2017, 9:22 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcmonster View Post
I notice that you are new to the forum, perhaps you are new to Ducati as well. The motor you are on top of does not like to be below 4,000 rpm in almost any of the factory tunes, including the full system race ECU's. Most learn to find the sweet spot and ride in it but the bike can be transformed to be smooth down low as well as continuing to pull hard when needed. I have a re-map of the race ECU on my EVO SP and am very satisfied. Having said that there are some common areas to check first to make sure that you are starting from a good baseline, in particular the electronics seem particularly sensitive to battery voltage, make sure yours is in top shape. I would STRONGLY suggest grabbing a couple of beer and doing a forum search, then return here with any follow ups. You will find literally hours and hours of very educational, interesting reading here. Welcome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spex View Post

Of course, it's also possible to flash a different tune without changing the welcome display message. If it's still twitchy down low, I doubt it. That would be consistent with some lean running caused by the freer-flowing race pipes being run with a fuel map meant for a slip-on and catalytic converter.

Thanks BC , yes my first Ducati (owned about every other brand out there and this will be bike #50 something) I have been reading and searching alot, I apprecaite the warm welcome !

Spex, Yea I have a full system, looks like the header is matted to the dual termi slip ons. I am not sure what brand header though? Maybe until I get the ecu reflashed putting the db killers back in will help with the lean conditions?
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old Mar 20th, 2017, 9:26 am

I have never liked just adding a fix on top of something so I vote against the Power Commander route unless you don't have any other options. You do.
1 - Have someone like Motowheels or Houston Superbike reflash a new map. About $250.
2 - Get in touch with Punch on this list and work with him to remap you ECU to the way you ride.
I had an 01 Monster that was terrible under 4,000 rpm, terrible. Punch helped me with the software / cables, etc. and we proceeded to collect data that he would analyze and modify the map. We kept at this until the bike was as smooth as a Honda under 4,000 but ran and sounded like a Ducati when I twisted the grip.
I would at least talk to Punch and see what he says.

Jerry Duke
2001 YELLOW Monster M900Sie
2007 BMW R1200S - Candy Stripe
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old Mar 20th, 2017, 10:13 am

Garage
Lots of options.

These ecu's are easily manipulated. Start with your trimmer and air screws

t_bare

1 Ducati = Ducatista
2 Ducatis = Mechanic

2013 Multistrada GT Touring Grey
2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100s
2002 Ducati 998 Faster Banana!!!
2000 KTM 300 EXC
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old Mar 20th, 2017, 10:19 am

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spex View Post

Assuming these start up messages are for the 08-10 non-evo Marelli ECUs?

Just looked at mine this morning b/c you had me scratching my head. My 2010 EVO SP, Siemens/Continental branded DP ECU, with full system and air box lid says "HYM 1100 RACING" at key on.

I've been struggling to find anyone is SoCal that can dyno tune my bike, thought it would be easier, looking more and more like I'm going to unfortunately go for a canned off the shelf Rexxer tune from MotoWheels to added my velocity stack kit and improve upon the mediocre at best DP fueling.

10 Hypermotard EVO SP: Full Termi, DP Race ECU, SpeedyMoto Sliders, Driven Carbon Handlebars, DP Comfort Seat, ASV Levers, Acerbis Handguards, Superlite Quickchange
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old Mar 20th, 2017, 10:36 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by seank View Post
Assuming these start up messages are for the 08-10 non-evo Marelli ECUs?

Just looked at mine this morning b/c you had me scratching my head. My 2010 EVO SP, Siemens/Continental branded DP ECU, with full system and air box lid says "HYM 1100 RACING" at key on.

I've been struggling to find anyone is SoCal that can dyno tune my bike, thought it would be easier, looking more and more like I'm going to unfortunately go for a canned off the shelf Rexxer tune from MotoWheels to added my velocity stack kit and improve upon the mediocre at best DP fueling.
I have the exact same ride. You will be happy with the Rexxer re-flash!!
Braaap likes this.

2010 Hypermotard 1100 EVO SP.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode