Hyper still unique with new KtM and Triumph - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old Feb 16th, 2017, 3:20 pm Thread Starter

Hyper still unique with new KtM and Triumph

What do you all think of the new Triumph 765 and Ktm 790 motors?

I've been especially keen on watching the ktm developments and I've read the R model should come in around 115 hp which combined with a ktm-style low weight should be phenomenal.

I'm thinking both the new street triple and ktm duke 790 though will be too small regardless of the stance for me. A new ktm 790 supermoto would be pretty sweet though.

The hyper still lives in a class of its own for the moment.
complexCarlo likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old Feb 16th, 2017, 3:35 pm

Garage
I'd say that Aprilia has tried to enter the class of the Hyper with the Dorsoduro
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old Feb 16th, 2017, 4:12 pm

The dorso 1200 is good. My mate has a 1200 and I've got my work cut out staying with him!

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old Feb 16th, 2017, 4:24 pm

I'd be surprised if it is 115 at the wheel I mean that's pretty impressive figure for a 790 nearly 45 more hp from the 690 with just a 100cc bump. The concept looked stunning... the close to finished product is meh. I think the back end looks like an sv650 and of course the price. Oh the price. KTM hasn't announced one yet but I bet it will be north of 12k given that the 690 was 9k and the 1290 is 18k USD.

As for the striple what a cool bike. It's hard not to like it and what they've done with the revision is inspiring, but I wouldn't say it directly competes with the hyper. It's way more of a naked sportbike than a supermotoish bike.
egomexico likes this.

Current:
2008 Hypermotard 1100S
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old Feb 16th, 2017, 4:45 pm

In reply to the op original post... The inky thing that will best the hyper is the hyper.... I still stand by my statement that it needs the mts motor in there... They've done the 821 then the 939...they'll get it right in a couple of revisions...
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old Feb 16th, 2017, 4:50 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfysofa View Post
In reply to the op original post... The inky thing that will best the hyper is the hyper.... I still stand by my statement that it needs the mts motor in there... They've done the 821 then the 939...they'll get it right in a couple of revisions...
I would glady pay the same damn price as the MTS for a 1200 hyper, as im sure a lot of us would.

Current:
2008 Hypermotard 1100S
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old Feb 16th, 2017, 4:55 pm

Yep.. Me too that's why I stick with my 1100....the 790 concept looks amazing but... It'll not look like that when it hits the shops (and when the euro regulators put a pipe on it the size of a barrell) big motor displacement gives grunt... The 790 I'm guessing will not have that quality but it does look nimble...

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old Feb 16th, 2017, 4:55 pm

It's a shame ducati haven't cottoned on... Yet...

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old Feb 16th, 2017, 11:03 pm
1st Gen Hypermotard Hooligan

Quote:
As for the striple what a cool bike. It's hard not to like it and what they've done with the revision is inspiring, but I wouldn't say it directly competes with the hyper. It's way more of a naked sportbike than a supermotoish bike.
Ditto, the Street Triple is a naked bike vs. a big supermoto.

The KTM 790, to me, is more "street-ish" if you will (low front fender for example) than the HM but a better comparison compared to the Triumph.

'10 Hypermotard 1100 EVO SP l Termignoni 2-1 Full Exhaust l Reflashed ECU l PC-5 l Custom Dyno Tune l Corse Dynamics Velocity Stacks l UNI Pod Foam Air Filters l Remote Crankcase & Idle Air K&N Filters l DP Skid Plate l 1098 SFS Clutch Cover l Corse Dynamics Oil Fill & Drain Plugs l Speedymoto Frame & Axle Sliders l DP Reservoir Covers l DP Racing Seat l Antigravity Battery l 190/55 Rear l
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old Feb 17th, 2017, 10:45 am Thread Starter

Yeah definitely the street doesn't have the same sm feel but KTM has done super moto before maybe the will do it again.

Personally I love the nimbleness of the 821 but that's probably because I have never tried a big engine like the 1100 or the 1290 to compare with =)

The new dosoduro seems alright, anyone try one? Also there are the Agusta rivale but those seem to be too quirky (and expensive).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode