Now I realize I lot of you guys may already know this, but I thought I would just make a post for more visibility when people search for stuff like this like I tried to a week ago. This worked on a 2008 Hypermotard 1100 with a dp ecu but should also work for other Ecu's. I'm thinking it would work up to the revision to the 821 but should also work on the 796.
What you will need:
Android phone with bluetooth
an obdii bluetooth scanner like this https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
a fiat adapter like thishttps://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
and the scantwin data logger app available for free on the app store
All in for around $15 you just can't beat it.
How it works is
1. you take off the right front fairing and gain access to the 3 pin plug for the ecu.
2. plug the fiat adapter in a attach the ground and positive lines to the corresponding terminals on the battery
3. attach the obdii scanner to the fiat adapter
4. turn on your phones bt and pair with the scanner using password 1234 or 0000
5. turn the bike to the on position
6. run the scantwin app and let it discover the obdii scanner and link with the ecu
7. select test operations and reset, then select reset service
It's that easy. Took about 10 minutes although my google pixel phone would not work for some reason so i used an lg G3.