You CAN reset your service indicator at HOME - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum
  • 3 Post By kenand1988

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 2017, 11:26 pm Thread Starter

You CAN reset your service indicator at HOME

Now I realize I lot of you guys may already know this, but I thought I would just make a post for more visibility when people search for stuff like this like I tried to a week ago. This worked on a 2008 Hypermotard 1100 with a dp ecu but should also work for other Ecu's. I'm thinking it would work up to the revision to the 821 but should also work on the 796.

What you will need:

Android phone with bluetooth

an obdii bluetooth scanner like this https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

a fiat adapter like thishttps://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and the scantwin data logger app available for free on the app store

All in for around $15 you just can't beat it.

How it works is
1. you take off the right front fairing and gain access to the 3 pin plug for the ecu.

2. plug the fiat adapter in a attach the ground and positive lines to the corresponding terminals on the battery

3. attach the obdii scanner to the fiat adapter

4. turn on your phones bt and pair with the scanner using password 1234 or 0000

5. turn the bike to the on position

6. run the scantwin app and let it discover the obdii scanner and link with the ecu

7. select test operations and reset, then select reset service

It's that easy. Took about 10 minutes although my google pixel phone would not work for some reason so i used an lg G3.
forsythem, jahjah and Baroquenride like this.

Current:
2008 Hypermotard 1100S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode