An encounter with a couple of Harley "tough" guys - Page 4 - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 49 (permalink) Old Jan 8th, 2017, 6:28 am
Prolific Poster Award

Harleys just got boring.
Same ole Blaaah blaaah and the same ole lack of HP.

Great bikes for the slab
Trouble is we bunch all HDs together as they are all garbage barges.

Now I have had some GREAT TIMES with HD riders.
I believe it is Who you are riding with that makes a ride fun.
But when alone and needing some excitement the Multi is the most exciting bike i am still finding things about. Fun when no one is around ...
HDs and owners (not so much Riders) belong in a group to have their kinda fun.
No problem with that, a bond between people.

Funny when 2 HDs the same bike both owners will go over the others bike and compliment each other.
Mutual Masturbation
RIGHT DUCKMAN???? Mind in the gutter again huh, Its Sunday I really shouldn't post such trash talk.

Now just put some respectable semi loud pipes and ease up on the constant revving for no reason at a stop light.

Now I am guilty of sneaking/coasting up on a distracted driver at a stop light and giving the ole 1983 Low Rider a well timed BLURP to wake the bitch up. Funny to watch the skank almost pee herself.
Sh!t Fu@k Fu@k Shit Stoopid Cage driving C...
OOPs the Harley talk is surfacing again...
jcasella likes this.

Bad decisions make for good stories
Take my Advice, I don't use it.
2011 Red Multistrada S Touring
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 49 (permalink) Old Jan 9th, 2017, 8:23 pm
Official Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by duc96cr View Post
Harla-Cati ? Duca- Davidson ?

Desmoley Davidson

M./
Spex likes this.

Innovative Electrical Upgrades Since 2002 |*EVERY* motorcycle will start in 1 second or less if the starting circuit is properly engineered. Install our HICAP II starting circuit upgrade to the get quick easy starting you expected from your high-performance engine. Excess cranking accelerates wear on the; battery, starter motor, sprag clutch and intermediate gear. - - Pay a little now or pay a lot more later. Click to learn more Motolectric.com |
post #33 of 49 (permalink) Old Jan 10th, 2017, 11:49 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowdive View Post
I was riding with a friend this past summer and we stopped at a bar/restaurant. There was a lone Harley parked out front and we parked next to him (me on a duc, friend on a BMW). While we were taking our helmets off the Harley owner comes outside for a smoke. He's wearing an Outlaws MC vest w/ a 1%'er patch on it.

We go into the bar area for some lunch. The Harley guy comes in a few minutes later and walks behind me and says "excuse me". I'm nervously thinking 'oh what's this about'.

He says "I think you dropped your phone" and then proceeds to hand it over to me. I say "Thank you, I appreciate that". He says "your welcome" and goes back over to his seat.
What Slowdive left out of this story was the part where the harley guy entered his digits into the phone before handing it over. Something about a mutual appreciation of assless chaps...
Stick, Rosso Classico and Spex like this.

post #34 of 49 (permalink) Old Jan 10th, 2017, 8:18 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukerdr View Post
Image is everything.

I'm reminded of a guy that brought his Yamaha Virago to our shop to have a carb clean and tune up done. I think it was a 1000 or an 1100.

The owner shows up to collect the bike and left on it. He came back 3 minutes later, upset about his bike and claiming that someone ruined it. The tech that worked on it and the service manager went outside to check on it.

My bud, the tech, came back in and got a screwdriver. He went outside for a minute and came back in shaking his head. Apparently, the owner was upset that his bike ran TOO SMOOTHLY. My friend had to go out and turn the synch screw a little out of synch to make the bike shake a little at idle. The owner wanted his bike to shake at idle like his buddies with the Harleys.

Lol. So gd funny.

Stopped at a Starbucks on the way up to Angela's crest a few years ago and parked right next to a new Harley 883. (45 hp and 610lbs wet) It had a hard candy paint job and lots of cool parts. It was tastefully done and very cool. I told him as much. He said thank you and proceeded to tell me about the bike. It was all good coffee talk right up to the point he started telling me how much power it had and how well it handled. I'm sure for a new rider there is some truth to that, but right next to his bike, 18 inches away was my 1098SFS. It was lean, tricked out, tuned, lol. I tried to interject into the conversation a couple of times. "This bike is pretty fast too..." A few things like that. But he wouldn't have any of it. He had the fastest bike in L.A.
Dukerdr and Rosso Classico like this.
post #35 of 49 (permalink) Old Jan 10th, 2017, 9:07 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahjah View Post
I really don't care what anybody is riding, if it has two wheels and an engine, they get a wave.

I was at a local hamburger joint one day and a no sleeve, ape bar rider road in. There were a bunch of one piece race suit sport bikers that started to make fun of him. He just smiled. The razzing increased. He was drinking a beer with his burger. He said, "which one of you wants to buy my lunch?" Nobody volunteered. "Now listen", he says, "I'm just riding a piece of shit Harley. You guys have your inline 4 cylinder bikes and your twins with twice as many valves as my tired old bike. Maybe now it's time for you to put up or shut up. I'll race any one of you from the light to the other side of the intersection. First go, loser pays for the other guy's lunch. Anybody wants in after that, it's $100 a go." They spent a few minutes to see who wanted to go first because that person was only going to get a free lunch.

The first bike got ready, revving his 600cc GSX up until the rev limiter was dancing, leaving some rubber on the ground. The biker idled up to the light. The light changed and the rigid frame Harley shot across the intersection. When, they got back to the diner, the sport biker was suggesting something about his clutch. The Harley biker said, "torque."

Five other bikes tried him. He left after eating his free lunch with $500 cash in his levis. The bikes, all capable of incredible cornering and 150+ mph top speeds could not get across the intersection as fast as the bike that was properly prepared for just that and cruising.

The lesson for me was that intelligence comes in all types of packages.

^ This totally happened

PS : when's the book out ?

PS2: Don't give a shite about what bikes people ride, if they're assholes i'm gonna hate them just the same as the rest of the world.
post #36 of 49 (permalink) Old Jan 11th, 2017, 12:11 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by proheli View Post
Lol. So gd funny.

Stopped at a Starbucks on the way up to Angela's crest a few years ago and parked right next to a new Harley 883. /-------------------/
But he wouldn't have any of it. He had the fastest bike in L.A.
Oh, that's good...

Reminds me of the day a guy in full pirate costume pulled up in front of the dealership because the salesperson had just parked a new, bright green ZX7R in front of the window on the sidewalk.

He'e riding an old iron barrel Sportster, and he's just staring at the ZX7R. Sales dude walks out and greets him and the guy just goes off on the ZX7R. "Who would want to ride such an ugly thing, it's made of plastic, it wouldn't last if I rode it the way I ride this bike, my bike would blow that hunk off the freeway...etc, etc.."

Sales dude just smiled, said "You're out of your G-D mind man..." and walked back in the dealership. He had me rolling later back in the service department when he was telling about it.

I told Eddie (the sales dude) that he must be a moron magnet. The year before we were convoying to Daytona from Ohio, and Eddie had his ZX-11 in the back of his little S-10. We were way down south in the middle of the night at a gas station when a some of the local talent walked up and stood there looking at the ZX-11. He started talking about how fast his bike was...a Suzuki GS550, bored out to 750 with a GS1100 head on it. (all 3 physically impossible )He concluded by saying "Yessiree, she smack flat gets it..." Eddie couldn't get his gas cap on fast enough and get out of there!

'95 M900, '87 750 F1b, '95 GL1500, '06 620/800 MiniStrada...
I think my heart valves are desmodromically activated...
post #37 of 49 (permalink) Old Jan 12th, 2017, 1:32 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by methanol View Post
Part of the reason I bought the SS is becasue of the clutch rattle. Or maybe I just have a sick obsession with aircooled 2V twins....lol Each to their own
When I was a little kid in the 90s, a guy in my neighborhood had a beautiful bike that sounded broken. I never understood why he didn't fix it. Eventually I worked up the courage to talk to him and asked him about it.
20 years later my SS Carby, with vented cover and extra machining to expose the clutch even more, is my favorite bike ever. I now occasionally get asked what is wrong with it.
hypertonto, Spex and methanol like this.

95 900SS/SP #210
post #38 of 49 (permalink) Old Jan 12th, 2017, 3:06 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukerdr View Post
Eddie had his ZX-11 in the back of his little S-10.
Maybe we need to start a new thread about guys that ride their bike to TrailerWeek??

JUST KIDDING!!! I occasionally trailer my bike, usually broken and heading to the shop but WHAT THE HEY!!

Jerry Duke
2001 YELLOW Monster M900Sie
2007 BMW R1200S - Candy Stripe
post #39 of 49 (permalink) Old Jan 12th, 2017, 3:20 pm

Location: Det er bedre med en Dram i timen enn en time i Drammen, , No (r) Way
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrasher_s View Post
When I was a little kid in the 90s, a guy in my neighborhood had a beautiful bike that sounded broken. I never understood why he didn't fix it. Eventually I worked up the courage to talk to him and asked him about it.
20 years later my SS Carby, with vented cover and extra machining to expose the clutch even more, is my favorite bike ever. I now occasionally get asked what is wrong with it.
Haha - great story & yes, I get the same question all the time

1997 900SS; 1997 916SPS (#296); 2001 996R (Unnumbered)
The mouth of a perfectly happy man is filled with beer
post #40 of 49 (permalink) Old Jan 12th, 2017, 3:22 pm

Location: Det er bedre med en Dram i timen enn en time i Drammen, , No (r) Way
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBarber View Post
Most of all arseholes I've met have ridden either Harleys or Ducati and rarely anything else, I put it down to fact that they both have very strong brand identity and hence tend to attract knobs who like to buy into an image.

This realisation inspired me to put Ducati heads on a Harley and has enabled me to meet even more arseholes

Wow - yes, more info needed on this Chris - very interesting!!!
Sound / Video / Pics?????

1997 900SS; 1997 916SPS (#296); 2001 996R (Unnumbered)
The mouth of a perfectly happy man is filled with beer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode