SoCal MX day for the local heads? - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum
http://www.ducati.ms/forums
» Sponsors
» Insurance
Go Back   Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum > Ducati Motorcycle Forums > HyperMotard

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Sep 8th, 2008, 7:13 pm   #1 (permalink)

SoCal MX day for the local heads?

I was thinking a day playing in the dirt might do us some good. Milestone MX in Riverside is relatively new, but has 3 adult tracks and 2 mini tracks for some real giggles, and the best dirt anywhere. Fridays are my fave. Seeing as how every great road racer started in the dirt, maybe some of you want to revisit your roots. I would never have gone near a street bike without having spent decades MXing, and crashing a bike made of plastic certainly takes the pressure off!
So unless some of you are hung up on that "dirt is for planting potatoes, asphalt is for racing" mentality, please chime in, let me know if there's any interest, or if its a waste of a thread. I think it will be some serious fun, though.
Advertisement

Old Sep 8th, 2008, 7:18 pm   #2 (permalink)

I'd be up for it if someone has an MX bike I can total like my Hyper

Seriously though, I'd need a loaner that is allowed to be dropped without giving away my bank routing number in exchange. Not that I plan on droping a bike, but things happen in the dirt....
hyprduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8th, 2008, 11:29 pm   #3 (permalink)

I'd be up for that in about a month, I used to ride at I-5 and Competitive Edge up in Hesperia but I hear Milestone is great... Unfortunately I just sold my 250f, but I also have an 07WR450 that I'm willing to take to the track... Its not suspended for MX but it will do fine on a vet track.. I have had a concussion now and I'm still getting dizzy when I lay down so I figure a month out and I should be ready... but yes there are dirt heads here.
Antigrav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10th, 2008, 10:52 pm   #4 (permalink)

Da Bull, Husky, Bromike666, 08Hyper, egrafx2006, Hardluck-A ride in the dirt to honor Todd's (mis)adventure? I got a Lumpy and a couple other victims signed up. Friday at Milestone MX if you can make it. -K
Old Sep 11th, 2008, 1:28 am   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 801 View Post
Da Bull, Husky, Bromike666, 08Hyper, egrafx2006, Hardluck-A ride in the dirt to honor Todd's (mis)adventure? I got a Lumpy and a couple other victims signed up. Friday at Milestone MX if you can make it. -K
Sorry Kyler, Fri's real tough for me....but maybe next time! Aloha Alex
Old Sep 11th, 2008, 9:14 am   #6 (permalink)

I won't be able to go this Friday either. I get my shoulder checked out Monday for a grade 3 separation so it may be a while before I'm riding again. Hopefully not too long though!
hyprduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11th, 2008, 9:53 am   #7 (permalink)

Weekdays = not a chance in hell. Especially Friday.......... payroll & paying bills day!

13 Multistrada 1200s Touring
03 749s for the track
bromike666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11th, 2008, 10:55 am   #8 (permalink)
booyakasha!

Friday - can't do.
aeolian is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement