http://www.ducati.ms/forums
» Site Navigation
»
»
»
» Motorcycle Forums
» Sponsors
» Insurance
Go Back   Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum > Ducati Motorcycle Forums > HyperMotard

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jul 2nd, 2008, 11:01 pm   #1 (permalink)

Technoresearch VDST

For those of you that have been using the VDST:

-Would you buy it again?
-How would you improve it?
-How would you describe it's overall value and ease of use?

I know there have been other post on this device but I'm really curious to hear what the long term (used > 2 times) experience with the product has been.

TIA, no I don't work for Techno!!
Termi 2-2 slip on, DP race header, DP race seat, DP steering damper, DP airbox lid, DP race cams, DP race ECU (cam version), DP CF clutch cover, BMC Filters, Pistal hi-comp pistons, ported heads by BCM, Piazzo short levers, Shift-Tech CF tank cover, S-T CF hugger (4 pieces), S-T CF sprocket cover, S-T CF ignition cover, S-T CF Windscreen, S-T CF gauge cover, Rizoma reservoirs, EVS pressure plate, EVS clutch slave cylinder. HP: never enough Torque: see HP
tunefx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 2nd, 2008, 11:20 pm   #2 (permalink)
Official Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunefx View Post
It sounds more like you want to work against them.
desmoworks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Jul 2nd, 2008, 11:40 pm   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by desmoworks View Post
It sounds more like you want to work against them.
Anthony,

LOL!

I'm not talented enough! I just like to work on my own vehicles (alternative stress relief when I'm not riding). It keeps the 'honey do' list to a minimum. I also have a lake I'll sell you!! Anway, I like to have the tools so I'm doing a bit of extra home work. Now if I can just find my very own DDS I would be one happy dude!

By the way, I'm headed to Owensboro at the EOM. Traveling from VA. Looking forward to stopping by DWorks! Or, maybe I should say, "stocking up" when visiting DWorks!
Termi 2-2 slip on, DP race header, DP race seat, DP steering damper, DP airbox lid, DP race cams, DP race ECU (cam version), DP CF clutch cover, BMC Filters, Pistal hi-comp pistons, ported heads by BCM, Piazzo short levers, Shift-Tech CF tank cover, S-T CF hugger (4 pieces), S-T CF sprocket cover, S-T CF ignition cover, S-T CF Windscreen, S-T CF gauge cover, Rizoma reservoirs, EVS pressure plate, EVS clutch slave cylinder. HP: never enough Torque: see HP
Old Jul 3rd, 2008, 8:11 am   #4 (permalink)
Official Sponsor

Quote:
Anthony,

LOL!

I'm not talented enough! I just like to work on my own vehicles (alternative stress relief when I'm not riding). It keeps the 'honey do' list to a minimum. I also have a lake I'll sell you!! Anway, I like to have the tools so I'm doing a bit of extra home work. Now if I can just find my very own DDS I would be one happy dude!

By the way, I'm headed to Owensboro at the EOM. Traveling from VA. Looking forward to stopping by DWorks! Or, maybe I should say, "stocking up" when visiting DWorks!
Yeah I'm just razzing you! Sometimes the Ducati tools pop up on ebay believe it or not. I haven't seen the DDS on there yet though, just the mathasis.

Give me a shout on your way through. Will you have your bike with you?
desmoworks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Jul 3rd, 2008, 9:16 am   #5 (permalink)

I deserve to be razzed daily!

Unfortunately I will guzzling the gas on four wheels!
Old Jul 3rd, 2008, 2:00 pm   #6 (permalink)
Eat, sleep, play!

Quote:
For those of you that have been using the VDST:

-Would you buy it again?
-How would you improve it?
-How would you describe it's overall value and ease of use?

I know there have been other post on this device but I'm really curious to hear what the long term (used > 2 times) experience with the product has been.

I've used mine quite a bit on my bike and on several other Hypermotards for TPS resets and fuel trim adjustments. I would buy it again for the convenience and long term cost savings.

Only issue I had was burning the cable a bit on the exhaust cause I wasn't careful to route the VDSTS cable when I was using it.

Another piece of equipment that goes well with the VDSTS is a gas analyzer. I use a Gunson gastester. Its not state of the art but its relatively inexpensive and is good enough to correctly set the fuel trim. You will also need fittings to tap into each header to correctly balance the throttle body air bleeds.
-2004 Husqvarna SM450R
-2004 Husqvarna TE250
-2004 Husqvarna CR125
-2005 CRF170R
dukepilot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Jul 3rd, 2008, 11:12 pm   #7 (permalink)

Duke, thanks for the great info and the tip on the Gunson!
Old Jul 30th, 2008, 12:10 pm   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukepilot View Post
I've used mine quite a bit on my bike and on several other Hypermotards for TPS resets and fuel trim adjustments. I would buy it again for the convenience and long term cost savings.
Hi Dukepilot, I just bought a VDST standard package for my two Monsters. Everything went well on the first round except that I couldn't figure out how to do a fuel trim let alone a TPS reset. What am I missing here? I can look but no changie . . . (!)

I've got the right ECU package, btw. I bought the 5AM because it works for both it and the 5.9 ECUs.
Iconoclast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Jul 30th, 2008, 12:31 pm   #9 (permalink)
Eat, sleep, play!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconoclast View Post
Hi Dukepilot, I just bought a VDST standard package for my two Monsters. Everything went well on the first round except that I couldn't figure out how to do a fuel trim let alone a TPS reset. What am I missing here? I can look but no changie . . . (!)

I've got the right ECU package, btw. I bought the 5AM because it works for both it and the 5.9 ECUs.
Did you get into the active settings window? You should be able to adjust your fuel trim there. Are you running an open loop ECU?
-2004 Husqvarna SM450R
-2004 Husqvarna TE250
-2004 Husqvarna CR125
-2005 CRF170R
dukepilot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Jul 30th, 2008, 1:27 pm   #10 (permalink)
GMP

I bought it for general diagnostics, service light and TPS reset. Like Dukepilot said be careful of the cable burning on the exhaust, run it over the bars to keep it out of the way. I rerouted my ECU comm port line to the front of the ECU so I can access it with just the small cover removal, not the shroud. I'm a software and electronics engineer, and while its not the best software from a user perspective, it gets the job done for a decent price. I'm also using it and an oscilloscope to gather data on closed loop operation to design my own lambda emulator. So far I have a good idea how things work, and will pursue it if the stuff from Italy continues to be a fantasy.

'08 Ducati Hypermotard 1100
'07 GasGas EC250
GMP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.