Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Gas Cap

3K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  AXE 
#1 ·
Has anyone seen a black hyper gas tank CAP ?
& know where I can possibly buy one ?

#5 ·
Thought about anodizing but my powder coater has a very high gloss finish that is almost translucent. I've seen some wheels that look like the best blue anodization you've ever seen but they are powdercoat.

The finish on the cap made me question whether or not the anodizing would come out blotchy. I will post pics of the cap when I get it back next week with the reassembly.

#8 ·
I have recieved the bottles and the install is easy. Figuring which bottle and mount is still up in the air.

At this time I have the large bottle with the side spount on the front brake, problem is the window is facing the wrong way (toward the front). I just got the medium size bottle in with the side vent on the other side and I think this will work better.

For the clutch and the rear brake the only option is the small bottle with no window and a verticle vent. These will mount right up to the stock brackets with little fuss.

PJs was very good and fast with delivery.

#9 ·
I personally think the windows in the Rizoma reservoirs are useless. I would just as soon not have them and they would looke even better. Besides that, how often have you run low on fluid. If you do any regular maintenance at all like bleeding them every 3-5K, you ain't gonna run low anyway..............maybe with a hole in the brake line.

Out!

#11 ·
Dammit, I couldn't figure out how to get the cylinder out of my cap so I couldn't get it powdercoated with my other stuff.

What do you think about rattle canning it? I figure with a little sanding it would coat pretty well.

Maybe I should just get a replacement in black. Are there any good options as of yet?

Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.