Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

How does the Ducati Data Acquisition(DDA) work?

29K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  sm171 
#1 ·
WTH does this thing do? Does anyone have one? I was thinking it could be used as a lap timer or with the current set-up. Does it work with the beacon or is it hand operated? What other uses does it have....ones real people use! TIA for you help Ducati family! :)

#2 ·
From the Ducati.com accessories page:

Ducati Data Acquisition is a data logging system that stores motorcycle data
- such as speed, engine rpm, throttle position, mileage and coolant temperature - in a flash memory device. It also features lap time recording thanks to recording start/stop controls that are activated by pressing the PASSING button incorporated in the left handlebar switch. Hardware components are easily installed on the 1098 (or Hypermotard) - that includes suitable provisions

- and the system can be connected to a PC's USB port to download recorded data after each session. The 2 Mb flash memory provides about 3 and a half hours of recording time. The system comes complete with dedicated software for data download and graphic or numerical data display that includes an overlap feature to compare different records, such as different laps.

DDA is a complete data acquisition and analyzer solution designed to offer all Ducati 1098 (and Hypermotard) owners a professional tool to monitor their performance just like all MotoGP and World Superbike teams do.

#3 ·
MarksFriggin said:
From the Ducati.com accessories page:QUOTE]

Mark...thanks, but I was hoping for some real world data, not the press release from Ducati. Maybe if someone who has one could post some screen shots of the info it gives. Also, as a lap timer is it as accurate as a traditional timer with a beacon or is it only manually thumb operated-which I have no knowledge of using but willing to learn.

BTW its getting cold down here...it dropped to 67 degrees in the truck outside temp gauge :rolleyes: .

#6 ·
There is a dedicated connector under the seat on your HM (#8 on the wiring diagram). To use the DDA you pull the seat, and plug the DDA dongle into the dedicated connector. To activate the recording you cycle on the dash to the Lap timer mode and switch it to ON. From there it will record TPS, Engine temp, speed, time, gear position, and RPM for about 3 hours. When you are finished recording you pull the dongle and plug it into a USB port on a PC that has the DDA software loaded. It downloads the data and graphs it for analysis.

When I get home tonight I'll post some screen shots of theanalysis graphs from some data I pulled during a break-in ride.

I hope this helps.

Rich

#10 ·
Is the flash data memory upgradeable? Isn't it just stored on a normal flash drive?

That was a great article as these are some of the same roads I am going to ride this weekend, though HWY25 will be my first destination. I am picking up my bike tomorrow morning and I am so stoked. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.