Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Keeping my hand nice & toasty shouldn't be this difficult!

1K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  MTScott2 
#1 ·
SO, I've been in a search for a great pair of waterproof/Gore-Tex gloves that will serve me well in the great Northwest. I've tried Held, Alpinestars, Joe Rocket, etc. etc. to much dismay. They are either too thick and bulky or NOT waterproof as advertised.

I'd prefer leather over textile (or mostly leather construction) with minimal bulk, but enough insulation to keep my hand dry and warm down to low 30s.

I've been checking out Rev'it line of waterproof gloves, anybody have any experience with these? Rev'it gloves apparently come with lifetime warranty and will replace/repair if gloves ever become not waterproof. Any other recommendations?

On a side note, don't buy Alpinestars Apex. I recently bought a pair and after using regularly for less than a month, it's already falling apart!!!:mad:

Help me keep my hand dry & toasty! TYIA.

#2 ·
I usually just turn up the blower and aim the vents toward me. If my hands are real bad, I will take turns holding one at a time up in front of the vents while I drive with the other.....

Honestly, if it's THAT cold, I don't ride.

Yes.......I'm a puss.

v/r,
Dave in Arizona

#9 ·
I hear you Dave,
I'm in the Silicon Valley but you've got it even better (depending where in AZ you are). It's only in the upper 50's today but feels much colder with this moist air coming in. Yard work to day instead of riding. Not as fun but it's got to get done.
A friend of mine once said when we got rained out of a fishing trip, "There are too many nice days here to go fishing on a lousy day"

#3 ·
Can you say handwarmers? I love the ones I installed on my hyper. I ride in Fly racing Switch snow-x gloves and use the hand warmers. Works awesome!

#4 ·
I am using the waterproof gloves from rs taichi.

Works wonder, pretty sure it will keep your hands warmth and it doesnt cost a limb to purchase one. Cost me Singapore Dollar 100. Not too sure whether you can get them in your country or not.

RS ???/RS TAICHI

#5 ·
rs taichi has some nice stuff. i wish they would take it easy on their labelling. :eek: but i guess most are guilty of this.

#7 ·
I got some BMW "Winterweight gloves"
They come in a hundred different sizes , which makes it your fault if they don't fit!!

They are warm , but with waterproofing you don't get the breathability, so when your hands normally sweat they get damp and need to be dried out after an extended ride , even with the gore tex breathable fabric you need to air them out,

Heated grips are nice and can get almost very hot...

#8 ·
Nothing will beat heated grips or gloves. Using a heated vest to keep you core warm will help keep you extemedies warm as well.

I use these lobster covers over my winter gloves if riding I the rain or freezing cold. They go right over your winter gloves and act as a great windbreaker. Although if waving to passing motorcyclists these kind of force you to give a "live long and prosper " hand gesture :)

Aerostich Triple Digit Rain Covers - Rain Glove Covers - Gloves - Off and Riding :: Aerostich/RiderWearHouse Motorcycle Jackets, Suits, Clothing, & Gear

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.