1100 EVO SP Exhaust Leak - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum
http://www.ducati.ms/forums
» Sponsors
» Insurance
Go Back   Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum > Ducati Motorcycle Forums > HyperMotard

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Oct 20th, 2011, 11:44 pm   #1 (permalink)

1100 EVO SP Exhaust Leak

Just got a new 1100 EVO SP and I think there is an exhaust leak. I can hear the exhaust leak, but not exactly where it is coming from. Has anyone else had this problem?

I have tried tightening everything on the exhaust that I can get to, but had no luck on making it go away. I also have horrible deceleration popping from the exhaust and think this might be the cause. Guess I'm going to have to take it back to the dealer.
bjjryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 24th, 2011, 9:31 am   #2 (permalink)

So the bike did have a small exhaust leak, and while it does sound better now, the majority of the problem is coming from the O2 sensors and Euro 3 requirements. I know there are alot of threads on fatducs and ecu flashes, but I just realized the fatduc is not made for a 2010 1100 EVO SP because of the closed loop ecu and 2 O2 sensors.

Is there any products out there like a fatduc for the EVO SP to smooth the bike out with the stock exhaust and maybe a MWR HE Filter until I do the full exhaust in the future, or is it best to wait and just do everything (exhaust, ecu, filter) all at once?
Old Oct 24th, 2011, 9:46 pm   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjjryan View Post
So the bike did have a small exhaust leak, and while it does sound better now, the majority of the problem is coming from the O2 sensors and Euro 3 requirements. I know there are alot of threads on fatducs and ecu flashes, but I just realized the fatduc is not made for a 2010 1100 EVO SP because of the closed loop ecu and 2 O2 sensors.

Is there any products out there like a fatduc for the EVO SP to smooth the bike out with the stock exhaust and maybe a MWR HE Filter until I do the full exhaust in the future, or is it best to wait and just do everything (exhaust, ecu, filter) all at once?
I did the Power Commander V on my stock Evo. Huge difference in idle and low speed response. It didn't pick up huge power but it is definitely more responsive. Here is the thread. On the Dynojet site it doesn't list the map yet but if you email dusty@dynojet.com or give him a call I'm sure it is available now. Power Commander V on my 2010 1100 Evo. 2 Thumbs Up!

I also just bought a duc.ee from vizitec. It's a little black box that prevents Check Engine Light (CEL) codes if the exhaust butterfly valve is removed with the exhaust.
Vizible Technologies | Products | Ducati

Michael
Old Oct 24th, 2011, 10:19 pm   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikosintie View Post
I did the Power Commander V on my stock Evo. Huge difference in idle and low speed response. It didn't pick up huge power but it is definitely more responsive. Here is the thread. On the Dynojet site it doesn't list the map yet but if you email dusty@dynojet.com or give him a call I'm sure it is available now. Power Commander V on my 2010 1100 Evo. 2 Thumbs Up!

I also just bought a duc.ee from vizitec. It's a little black box that prevents Check Engine Light (CEL) codes if the exhaust butterfly valve is removed with the exhaust.
Vizible Technologies | Products | Ducati

Michael
Cool thanks for that info. I plan on doing a full exhaust in the future though and that seems like a pretty pricey fix for the interim since I will have to do the ECU eventually when the new exhaust gets rid of the O2 sensors. I mean the PCV will still enhance the new ecu also but going that route seems like a lot of $$ put into electronics. Definitely something I have to look more into though.
Old Oct 24th, 2011, 10:46 pm   #5 (permalink)

I don't think you can eliminate the O2 sensors on the 2010+ Hypers even with the DP ECU. I don't plan on doing a full exhaust but I read the threads and that is what I see posted.
Michael
Old Nov 30th, 2011, 6:31 pm   #6 (permalink)
Tightly Clenched...

If you're going to do further work on the bike in the future and paying someone else to do it, then it's best to do everything at once, that way you only pay the labour costs one time. If you're doing it yourself it doesn't matter as much I guess.
Old Nov 30th, 2011, 10:03 pm   #7 (permalink)

If you do a reflash of the ecu you can get rid of the O2 sensors and make it open loop.
chief rocka is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement