Peg risers instead of rearsets - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum
http://www.ducati.ms/forums
» Sponsors
» Insurance
Go Back   Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum > Ducati Motorcycle Forums > HyperMotard

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Aug 19th, 2011, 4:53 pm   #1 (permalink)

Peg risers instead of rearsets

So I found a set of footpeg risers for a fraction of the price of a new rearset and I was wondering if anyone had experience with them. I've read somewhere that your brake and shift lever will be at the same height so nothing will change, however, I've studied the levers a bit and it seems that they can be adjusted to be a bit higher than normal.

To be honest I think Ducati fluked it a little bit with the stock pegs. They aren't that bad, but they're mounted too much backwards in a way that, if you sit on your bike pro actively, your feet come into a really weird and awkward position.

So I was wondering, this stuff, is it any good? They cost $50 bucks a pair exc. shipping which is a real steal compared to real rearsets, and these also fold

Drinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 19th, 2011, 6:10 pm   #2 (permalink)
Ducati Designs

I offer these on my website, but they are more than $50/pr new for the 3-piece set. They work great on many Ducatis. Be sure to get the pivot bases that fit your bike (Multi and Hyper are the same in this respect). The brake and shift pedals adjust plenty to accomodate the 23 or 30mm offset arms in most positions, depending on your shoe size of course. The "race" style pegs shown are very grippy for smooth soles, make foot repositioning easy. We also have a "tour" style peg that has bigger grips and works well with lugged soles. Both are grippy when wet and let you forget about your feet and just ride.

pg
DD
pgeller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19th, 2011, 6:34 pm   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgeller View Post
I offer these on my website, but they are more than $50/pr new for the 3-piece set. They work great on many Ducatis. Be sure to get the pivot bases that fit your bike (Multi and Hyper are the same in this respect). The brake and shift pedals adjust plenty to accomodate the 23 or 30mm offset arms in most positions, depending on your shoe size of course. The "race" style pegs shown are very grippy for smooth soles, make foot repositioning easy. We also have a "tour" style peg that has bigger grips and works well with lugged soles. Both are grippy when wet and let you forget about your feet and just ride.

pg
DD
Well, it's not those on that picture. These are the ones for $50. They are apparently 12 position adjustable and look pretty nice to me.

It's not so much the grip from the stock pegs that's bothering me, but it's the way they're positioned(a bit low and really weird profile).
Old Aug 19th, 2011, 9:27 pm   #4 (permalink)

Found them on E-Bay....STARTING bid $38.80. Made in China.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tchlink:top:en
Seven9Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19th, 2011, 9:40 pm   #5 (permalink)

Guess they copy anything these days in China..

For the more quality oriented crowed you have the choice of these where every single part is also available in the spare parts list, just if you ever need it.

Shift-Tech Carbon - RCT10GT-D02 BLACK SILVER ADJUSTABLE PEG SET

Attached Thumbnails
Peg risers instead of rearsets-rct10gt-black-silver-copy.jpg  

www.Shift-Tech-Carbon.com

Shift-Tech-Carbon Performance- High Quality Carbon Products!
Shift-Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20th, 2011, 6:02 am   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift-Tech View Post
Guess they copy anything these days in China..

For the more quality oriented crowed you have the choice of these where every single part is also available in the spare parts list, just if you ever need it.

Shift-Tech Carbon - RCT10GT-D02 BLACK SILVER ADJUSTABLE PEG SET

Not to be rude, but the look of the chinese pegs is a bit better than the shift-techs IMHO. Not too fond of the round mounting, looks a bit out of place, and for the price of a shift-tech I can get 5 chinese ones. Probably the shift-techs are great, but if the pegs don't fix my problem I guess it would be wiser to save up and get a real set of rear-sets, but that's sort of my backup plan. The money tree hasn't been too fond of me this month seeing how I've spent almost everything towards the hyper's upgrades
Old Aug 20th, 2011, 8:28 am   #7 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drinky View Post
Not to be rude, but the look of the chinese pegs is a bit better than the shift-techs IMHO. Not too fond of the round mounting, looks a bit out of place, and for the price of a shift-tech I can get 5 chinese ones. Probably the shift-techs are great, but if the pegs don't fix my problem I guess it would be wiser to save up and get a real set of rear-sets, but that's sort of my backup plan. The money tree hasn't been too fond of me this month seeing how I've spent almost everything towards the hyper's upgrades
I was missing some fasteners in my Shift-tech hugger. One phone-call and three days later they were at my doorstep. I doubt that our oriental friends would do the same
fireman1251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20th, 2011, 1:40 pm   #8 (permalink)

OP has a pic of "ducati designs" brand with slash cut. I had them on for 1 1/2 years. Quality parts, work as intended. I didn't need to adjust controls.

I sold mine and went to stock because I'm tall and it's not a superbike. I felt I needed more surface area and the stock pegs work fine if you raise ride height front and rear.

Call before you order. Don't get the huge offset adapters. 30mm is fine.

I obviously powder coated mine.

Old Aug 20th, 2011, 2:06 pm   #9 (permalink)

Sometimes QUALITY & SERVICE is more important than the lowest price, and thats where Shift-Tec is at the top of my list when it comes to vendors, Guiedo is amazing.

If you want a adjustable footpegs for comfort, they are fine, but since the shifter & brake lever do not get raised with footpegs, they are no better than stock ones at the track, or hard canyon running. Aloha Alex

Last edited by 08hyper; Aug 21st, 2011 at 1:19 am. Reason: speeling
08hyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20th, 2011, 2:43 pm   #10 (permalink)

Drinky- no problem at all, I don't think that's rude at all, everybody has a different taste and a different budget.

mangler7- Nice setup you have there on the bike besides the pegs, the rest looks great as well.

www.Shift-Tech-Carbon.com

Shift-Tech-Carbon Performance- High Quality Carbon Products!
Shift-Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement