Nicky Hayden Hit By Car... - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2017, 3:08 pm Thread Starter
Nobody

Garage
Nicky Hayden Hit By Car...

...while training on a bicycle in Rimini, Italy.

https://www.superbikeplanet.com/hayden-battles-life/

Copied from a post at ADV Rider via Google Translate:

And 'hospitalized in extremely critical condition in the intensive care unit of Cesena Bufalini with doctors who are trying to save his life, the American rider Nicky Hayden. The 36-year old, after the terrible accident that saw him come over by a car on Wednesday afternoon, reported a thoracic polytrauma and traumatic brain very serious and it arrived in a state of unconsciousness in the ER dell'Infermi, the 36 year old driver of the Team Honda World Superbike was involved in a car accident while training bike, and after being stabilized by the health of the Rimini hospital emergency transferred to "buffalo" in Cesena. It 'still hospitalized in critical condition, with doctors who have reserved prognosis, due to very serious injuries reported after the collision with a car and have procured, the American rider, a multiple trauma cranial and abdominal.According to a first reconstruction on the dynamics of the accident, shortly before the 14, 36, was walking with his bike racing via Ca 'Raffaelli, in the territory of the municipality of Misano Adriatico, in the direction of Riccione. Arrived at the junction with Via Tavoleto, for reasons still being ascertained, was centered in the middle of a Peugeot, by sea, he proceeded towards the mountain."

KTM950SMR

Last edited by Chuckracer; May 17th, 2017 at 3:47 pm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2017, 3:42 pm
Retired Pipe Polisher

Garage
I've been following this all afternoon. I'm waiting and praying for a positive update. But it doesn't sound good so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mike
2006 999, 2007 S2R1000
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2017, 3:46 pm Thread Starter
Nobody

Garage

post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2017, 3:48 pm

Garage
Nicky Hayden Hit By Car...

Omg why people can't see cyclists is beyond my comprehension

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
jheurte likes this.

YR1991 SUZUKI GSXR 750 YR2000 DUCATI 996 SPS YR2005 DUCATI 999R
post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2017, 4:47 pm
Just visiting your planet.

Garage
Whoa. This sucks.

2005 ST3
2003 749s
post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2017, 5:07 pm
work to live. ride to work.

I read a post on motogp.com earlier today, they did not say how serious his condition is/was, pray he comes through it.

(I feel so much safer riding my motorcycle than my bicycle on the road.)
John and FatCobra like this.

then: '72 Suzuki TS 50, '80s: 650 Special II, XL600, V65 Magna; 2012 Pikes Peak
now: '14 Triumph Daytona 675R, '14 Yamaha TS200
post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2017, 5:36 pm

This is terrible news, I always really liked Nicky, got his Autograph at laguna in 07 and he even took a minute to talk to me, always liked his interviews he never makes excuses and always seemed optimistic. Sad sad news sure hope he pulls thru, saying a prayer for sure.
JimmieBellaDUC likes this.
post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2017, 5:43 pm
Average Weird Guy.

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnie27 View Post
Omg why people can't see cyclists is beyond my comprehension
Been riding bicycles for more than four decades Johnnie,can't tell you how many near misses I've had over the years. Doesn't matter how many flashing lights you have on the bike or how colorful your riding gear is. The sad reality is that non riding people (bicycle or motorcycle) either can't be bothered,are perpetually in a hurry,or are just plain stupid.

They look only for big targets in the roadway (cars,trucks,or buses) but completely fail to look for ALL traffic that's in the roadway (cyclists,pedestrians,etc).

Last October while out riding my bicycle wearing the brightest retro Team Mapei cycling gear that I own I was cut off by an SUV that made a left turn in front of me. How the fuck the guy didn't see me wearing that gear is beyond me.

By the time he finally recognized the fact that I was there in the roadway approaching him at high speed it was too late and he stopped his SUV dead center mass directly in my path.
There was no way for me to avoid him,all I could do was grab a coupla big handfuls of brakes and mutter to myself "OH SHIT!"

The bike tail whipped violently and I did a Superman right over the bars,landed hard on my left shoulder,and slid on my back to a stop about three feet short of his vehicle. Later examination at the hospital revealed that I suffered a grade 3 AC separation of my left shoulder,an exquisitely painful injury that I wouldn't wish on anyone.

The kicker to the story is that I guess the guy figured that since I didn't actually hit his vehicle there was "no harm-no foul" here and he just drove off and left me there as if nothing had happened. Luckily for me the next car that came along stopped and took me to the hospital.

Back to topic.

Sad news. My thoughts and prayers are with Nicky and his family. Hang in there Kid.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mapei Team.PNG
Views:	87
Size:	597.3 KB
ID:	818321  

'95 900SS CR affectionately known as "The Pizza Wagon"
post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2017, 6:06 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoshmonster View Post
Been riding bicycles for more than four decades Johnnie,can't tell you how many near misses I've had over the years. Doesn't matter how many flashing lights you have on the bike or how colorful your riding gear is. The sad reality is that non riding people (bicycle or motorcycle) either can't be bothered,are perpetually in a hurry,or are just plain stupid.
Your example is why, though I love road bikes, my bicycling these days is solely on mountain bikes on dedicated bike trails.
post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2017, 8:00 pm

group ride/

from what I have read he was on a group ride of some 14 others.not much other info as to who was at fault.hope for the best for sure.

Last edited by 2004 999s; May 18th, 2017 at 11:19 am.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode