Watching World Superbike LIVE online - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum
http://www.ducati.ms/forums
» Sponsors
» Insurance
Go Back   Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum > General Discussion > Road Racing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Apr 6th, 2008, 2:27 pm   #1 (permalink)
Banned

Watching World Superbike LIVE online

Some people have been asking how to watch WSB live?

Visit www.worldsbk.com first, to see if the movie loads. If it doesn't, here are the steps to make it work.

We are blocked in the US from watching WSB live because of Speedvision's rights to the series. The solution is very simple; make your computer think that its from europe! The answer is to use a proxy server which is something that you can do on both Mac's and PC's. Sadly I don't know how to make it work on PC's, but on mac's its quite simple.

Step 1; Find a proxy server that is in a country that broadcasts the race live.
http://www.publicproxyservers.com/page2.html
I find the Hungry servers to work well.

Step 2; System Preferences>Network>Double Click on your network connection>Proxies tab.
You need to type in the number into the Web Proxy, Secure web proxy and stream proxy window's.

Step 3; Test the server using a web browser. Try getting online and see if you have web access. Then try opening up the world superbike web site and loading the movie.

You might have to try different proxy servers, but you'll eventually find one that works. Also, on a mac, Firefox is the only program that works properly with the World Superbike web site. So if might not load properly without the use of firefox.

Hopefully that works! Everybody should be able to watch these races live and this is how ya do it! You've gotta pay for MotoGP, but its worth every second!
tye1138 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 6th, 2008, 2:46 pm   #2 (permalink)

Lightbulb

Excellent hint for the guys that are restricted.

If I may also propose an alternative. You can go an register here:

http://www.racing-underground.com

(absolutely excellent site, you'll find literally anything about motorsports)

There you will find all WSBK and MotoGP races that you can download via torrent links (I use uTorrent client). All races and qualifying is up for grabs almost immediately after it's finished. So you can download and view iwithin an hour after the live fee has finished.

Hope that helps gents,

Doc

N3R Team #166

DP: Full Termi 57mm+filter+ecu, belt rollers, racing seat, monoposto tail, rear hugger, rear sprocket, ram-air covers, keyguard, carbon fuel cap, titanium reservoir covers, billet clutch & sprocket covers, monoposto subframe, MBP collets,STM: 48T clutch basket & plates, clutch slave cylinder, Suter Racing slipper clutch, Öhlins: forks+shock+steering damper, BrakeTech iron rotors f/r, R&G sliders f/r, ValterMoto rear axle sliders, SpeedyMoto: under-body sliders & water pump cover, Samco hoses, AFAM X-ring chain, Fabbri screen, Evoluzione throttle, PT levers, Marchesini forged mag rims, Woodcraft clipons, ProGrip's, FrenTubo kevlar lines f/r, Rider's Racing rear caliper bracket
MultiDoc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Apr 6th, 2008, 6:31 pm   #3 (permalink)
Banned

Only catch is; you've gotta wait until the race is finished! I wanna see it live... heh I'm kinda addicted! LOL
Old Apr 9th, 2008, 7:33 pm   #4 (permalink)

I joined last year for $30 I believe. I had no problem watching the videos archived or streaming.
18187 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Apr 9th, 2008, 8:47 pm   #5 (permalink)
Banned

This year WSB is free to everyone, no charge.
Old Apr 13th, 2008, 8:34 am   #6 (permalink)
SP3

I just found this thread and read your tips on how to watch on line. What is strange, is that I did watch last weeks 2nd race live without any "monkey business". All I did was go to worldsbk.com and clicked watch race now. With my luck though if I try it again it won't work. I'll try though and post up.

appearing to appear to know what I know.
SP3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Apr 13th, 2008, 1:41 pm   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MultiDoc View Post
You can go an register here:

Thanks Doc! I'm excited to use this site.
clenart50 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Apr 13th, 2008, 3:43 pm   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SP3 View Post
I just found this thread and read your tips on how to watch on line. What is strange, is that I did watch last weeks 2nd race live without any "monkey business". All I did was go to worldsbk.com and clicked watch race now. With my luck though if I try it again it won't work. I'll try though and post up.
I was able to watch both races last weekend. I think I'll set up a proxy server just in case it doesn't work in 2 weeks time.

2001 ST2 Blue
2008 1098 Red

“There are some things nobody needs in this world, and a bright red, hunchback, warp-speed 1099cc café racer is one of them -– but I want one anyway, and on some days I actually believe I need one”
- from Song of the Sausage Creature (sorta)
wazhazhe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Apr 14th, 2008, 12:09 am   #9 (permalink)
Banned

It could be your internet provider... I had no problems viewing the race from my work on a fractional T1, but DSL or Cable modem, no go.
Old Feb 28th, 2009, 1:03 pm   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MultiDoc View Post
Excellent hint for the guys that are restricted.

If I may also propose an alternative. You can go an register here:

There you will find all WSBK and MotoGP races that you can download via torrent links (I use uTorrent client). All races and qualifying is up for grabs almost immediately after it's finished. So you can download and view iwithin an hour after the live fee has finished.

Hope that helps gents,

Doc
Just tried registering but they require in invitation code.

I'll have to try the proxy server suggestion to see if I can watch the WorldSBK videos live.

Previous Bikes:
2008 1098 (red) w/Termi slip-ons, Ohlins 30mm kit & TTX shock
2007 MTS 1100
2006 749 (RIP)
koolio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.