Just Installed Bar End Mirrors -- GT 1000 - Page 2 - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum
http://www.ducati.ms/forums
» Site Navigation
»
»
»
» Motorcycle Forums
» Sponsors
» Insurance
Go Back   Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum > Ducati Motorcycle Forums > Sport Classic

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Aug 10th, 2006, 5:46 pm   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrD
Moto Corsa in Portland, OR has two pairs of these mirrors in stock for $149.
[IMG] I use them on my Paul Smart and I am very happy with them. I like them much better than the stock SportClassic mirrors. The part # is a Ducati Performance part # 96621106B.

DD
I have these mirrors installed on my Red GT. I really like the lean look they have. I was supposed to post some pictures a week or two ago but have been delinquent. I'll post them soon - unless somebody else does it
Red GT1000: - Termis (sans baffles), bar-end mirrors, Clay Carrier fork protectors, Motovation frame & fork sliders, Dietrich's gauge brackets (these rock), Front turn indicator spacers removed, 1.0 kg/mm fork springs, Fork Oil: 7 wt.comp, 5 wt.reb, 15/44 F/R Sprockets, Gold DID Chain, Chain guard removed (to show off the chain)...
Jeff_Quan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 10th, 2006, 10:00 pm   #12 (permalink)

I lost the stock mirrors the first night. I found some round ones that seemed to be of the quality of the bar ends that come on the Sport. Once I received them I think they are of decent quality, and love the lines.
Attached Thumbnails
Just Installed Bar End Mirrors -- GT 1000-mygt1000-.jpg   Just Installed Bar End Mirrors -- GT 1000-mygt1000-d.jpg  
Old Aug 10th, 2006, 10:15 pm   #13 (permalink)
DrD

Here's a picture of the mirrors on my Paul Smart. Installation on a GT should take less than 10 minutes.

DD

[IMG]
Attached Thumbnails
Just Installed Bar End Mirrors -- GT 1000-mirrors.jpg  

Last edited by DrD; Aug 10th, 2006 at 11:02 pm.
DrD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Aug 12th, 2006, 11:42 pm   #14 (permalink)

Just installed a set of Napoleon bar-end mirrors. Looks-wise big improvement over stock. I will post pics when I get a chance.

Walt
WKinNJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Aug 13th, 2006, 1:56 am   #15 (permalink)

What have you guys done to plug the holes where the original stock mirrors mounted?
Red GT1000: - Termis (sans baffles), bar-end mirrors, Clay Carrier fork protectors, Motovation frame & fork sliders, Dietrich's gauge brackets (these rock), Front turn indicator spacers removed, 1.0 kg/mm fork springs, Fork Oil: 7 wt.comp, 5 wt.reb, 15/44 F/R Sprockets, Gold DID Chain, Chain guard removed (to show off the chain)...
Jeff_Quan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Aug 13th, 2006, 2:01 pm   #16 (permalink)

I used little plastic jobbers from Ace Hardware. I brought the mirror mounting nut with me and found a little plastic cap that matched up the the inside diameter of the threads on the nut. That way the cap was very small ( I was worried it wouldn't fit) and it fit perfectly, almost flush, and you barely notice it.
Old Aug 13th, 2006, 2:15 pm   #17 (permalink)

easy install

just take off the bar-end wts and slide in the new ducati bar end mirrors. be sure to tighten well. cheers, scott
scottfla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Aug 13th, 2006, 2:16 pm   #18 (permalink)

mirror holes -- replace top only

get your dealer to order the top half of the break and clutch mounts -- without a hole. they got em, not to worry. perfect match.
scottfla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Aug 13th, 2006, 2:16 pm   #19 (permalink)
Master of Bumnitude

Looked at the photo of your GT1000 and my immediate response was "Yes!!!" Then I realized that I couldn't do it. My GT1000 just makes it thru the bike shed door with about an inch on each side. Wah!!! Nice. Really nice!

-don

http://donstnt.blogspot.com/

"Old rockers never die"
(They just keep asking everyone to repeat themselves because THEY'RE BLOODY DEAF)
DUCeditor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Dec 30th, 2006, 9:05 am   #20 (permalink)

Mirror mirror

Like many (dare I say all) of you, I HATED the original mirrors on the GT. How could Ducati get almost everything right and screw up so badly on the mirrors. They just look so out of place.

I am not quite sure what I am going to end up with for mirrors, but in the interim I got these on ebay for $25.00 for the pair shipped to my house. Not bad, but I think I will most likely end up with bar ends. Napoleons are inexpensive and easy to find, but I am working on a set of Albert Sport and/or Touring barends. Think they might look period!

PhacK
Attached Thumbnails
Just Installed Bar End Mirrors -- GT 1000-gt1000_mirrors_sm.jpg  

Last edited by phactory; Dec 30th, 2006 at 9:06 am. Reason: no attachment
phactory is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.