Rizoma Bar Grips and Oberon Bar end mirrors - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum
http://www.ducati.ms/forums
» Sponsors
» Insurance
Go Back   Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum > Ducati Motorcycle Forums > Sport Classic

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Apr 6th, 2010, 8:12 pm   #1 (permalink)

Rizoma Bar Grips and Oberon Bar end mirrors

I'm looknig at upgrading my grips to the Rizoma GR205. Eventualy, going with the Oberon Bar end mirrors.

First question to those who have installed the grips....are they comfortable and worth getting? I have a very nice comfortable set of Kuryakyn ISO grips but cannot install the oberon bar end mirrors with them.

Second and most important......do they install easily ie. Do I have to do any modifications? Do I replace the whole throttle grip by opening he cable end housing and replacing the cable holding think-a-majigs. I'm not interested in f'n up my maching in the process of installing these but would like to make the change.

Thanks for all those who can help?
Advertisement

Old Apr 7th, 2010, 9:19 am   #2 (permalink)

Worry not, Grasshopper.

The Rizoma GR205 grips are surprisingly comfortable and +400mi days are not a problem with them. Replacing the throttle side grip is easy, just pay attention when you remove the old throttle tube and put everything back the same way. Adjust the slack out of your throttle cables as the last step.

New grips you will have…..

Lee
Lee C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2010, 9:54 am   #3 (permalink)

I have one Oberon bar end mirror on the left side and the quality is top notch !
+ the guys over there are very friendly and send immediately

mods : Wasp PUKs1 kit, DP Belt rollers, DP carbon belt covers cut out, Aella clutch slave master, Aella clip ons, Aella Rearsets, Aella frame plugs, DP windscreen, EVR-NCR slipper clutch, EVR clutch cover, DP chain guard, Rossi hugger, Rizoma sprocket cover, Desmoporsche inspection cover, Desmoporsche reservoir covers, Desmoporsche Oil filler plug, Custom cf tail chop, Oberon blinkers back, Watsens blinkers front, Oberon bar end left, Oberon bar end mirror right, Fresco full Ti 2-2 exhaust, STM oil breather, SSR Tank Cap, BST carbon wheels (spokes painted silver), Radial forkbottoms by Bikesetup.be, Brembo fork upgrade cartridge, Goodridge brake lines, Dunlop Sportsmart tires, 998S disks, Brembo mono blocks, Motovation axl sliders, NCR Schedoni seat, NCR valve covers, 748 CF front fender, Motobatt battery relocated under seat, Rectifier relocated, Titanium bolts all over the place, titanium axls, Brembo 19RCS clutch and brake levers, Ohlins steering damper + Aella bracket, starter cables rerouted, Starter/kill switch relocated to frame, brushed alu throttle and blinker control unit, DP Alarm, Fren Tubo oil lines, ...

-------------------------

Hope dies last.
Kayser Söze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2010, 12:34 pm   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee C. View Post
Worry not, Grasshopper.

The Rizoma GR205 grips are surprisingly comfortable and +400mi days are not a problem with them. Replacing the throttle side grip is easy, just pay attention when you remove the old throttle tube and put everything back the same way. Adjust the slack out of your throttle cables as the last step.

New grips you will have…..

Lee
Just to make sure I understand, will I be permanently removing the old throttle sleeve tube thing from the throttle grip or reusing it. My current throttle tube has it's grip glued to it and will not likely be able to separate the grip from the tube.
Old Apr 7th, 2010, 3:57 pm   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayo77ca View Post
Just to make sure I understand, will I be permanently removing the old throttle sleeve tube thing from the throttle grip or reusing it. My current throttle tube has it's grip glued to it and will not likely be able to separate the grip from the tube.
old grip stays glued to the old throttle thingy.
barfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2010, 6:40 pm   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by barfer View Post
old grip stays glued to the old throttle thingy.
I love it when people speak my language. Thanks!
Old Apr 8th, 2010, 12:36 am   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayo77ca View Post
I love it when people speak my language. Thanks!
Yeah, believe it or not I have a black belt in English from Berkeley. They couldn't beat the knucklehead out of me. Ten years of college down the drain (yes, I really went to college for 10 years [forehead slap] ).
Old Apr 8th, 2010, 7:22 am   #8 (permalink)

wow. I hope you stayed at college for 10 years because of the college chicks. I can't think of any other reason....
DADDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8th, 2010, 7:30 am   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DADDA View Post
wow. I hope you stayed at college for 10 years because of the college chicks. I can't think of any other reason....
maybe the WiFi

mods : Wasp PUKs1 kit, DP Belt rollers, DP carbon belt covers cut out, Aella clutch slave master, Aella clip ons, Aella Rearsets, Aella frame plugs, DP windscreen, EVR-NCR slipper clutch, EVR clutch cover, DP chain guard, Rossi hugger, Rizoma sprocket cover, Desmoporsche inspection cover, Desmoporsche reservoir covers, Desmoporsche Oil filler plug, Custom cf tail chop, Oberon blinkers back, Watsens blinkers front, Oberon bar end left, Oberon bar end mirror right, Fresco full Ti 2-2 exhaust, STM oil breather, SSR Tank Cap, BST carbon wheels (spokes painted silver), Radial forkbottoms by Bikesetup.be, Brembo fork upgrade cartridge, Goodridge brake lines, Dunlop Sportsmart tires, 998S disks, Brembo mono blocks, Motovation axl sliders, NCR Schedoni seat, NCR valve covers, 748 CF front fender, Motobatt battery relocated under seat, Rectifier relocated, Titanium bolts all over the place, titanium axls, Brembo 19RCS clutch and brake levers, Ohlins steering damper + Aella bracket, starter cables rerouted, Starter/kill switch relocated to frame, brushed alu throttle and blinker control unit, DP Alarm, Fren Tubo oil lines, ...

-------------------------

Hope dies last.
Kayser Söze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8th, 2010, 11:35 am   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DADDA View Post
Yeah, college girls are awesome. When I finally met the right one I married her and got out of there. This was 14 years ago, though; we didn't have wi-fi, internet or cell phones back then and only nerds played video games at home.

The cool guys still rode motorcycles, though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement