I've acquired my holy grail of bikes. New '08 Owner - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old Mar 20th, 2017, 2:40 pm Thread Starter

I've acquired my holy grail of bikes. New '08 Owner

Hey all. Just got my new 2008 biposto. I've wanted this bike before I even got my license and always dreamed of owning one. I picked it up on Friday and I couldn't be happier. I would honestly look at these bikes every day while in class at college and lust after one. As prices started to higher I feared that I would never own one again. But I got lucky and this one was selling right around the corner from where I live.

I feel like there were two ways this could have gone:
1) I buy the bike and it meets all my expectations
2) the bike actually disappoints me

but these past few days it has been neither of those 2. Owning this bike has been better than I imagined. I absolutely love it. Every time I hop on I am smiling and even chuckling when I open her up.

Excited to be a part of this community.

Of course, here are pictures.

https://imgur.com/a/PuLlb#fTb6reu

Also, I want to give a shout out to JC from JC PAK Bikes. I sent him pictures of the bike before purchase and he was an absolute expert and gentlemen with any questions I asked.

Sad thing is, the tank has minor expansion. Nothing getting in my way yet, and being a 2008, I am hoping that it wont expand anymore, but I do plan on getting a new tank and coating it when the time comes.

Last edited by ksluna12; Mar 20th, 2017 at 3:25 pm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old Mar 20th, 2017, 3:03 pm

Nice looking original bike, and in very good condition as far as I can tell. Be careful not to run the chain too tight, which is very easy to do on these, which not only stresses the bearings, but stops the rear suspension working properly too. Good luck with your dream!
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old Mar 20th, 2017, 7:39 pm

Garage
Great bike and nice pup! Here's our li'l yard digger:

Kodiak, or as we call him, Kodi-yuk because he eats anything...cat poop, beetles, glass, cat poop, bones, twigs, cat poop, etc.

Toby
2006 Ducati Sport Classic 1000 monoposto(click me) |2014 Diavel Strada Ti | '72 VW Squareback, 2007cc, GB 5-speed, rag top | '76 VW Riviera Sundowner 2.0L, family camper | '95 VW Jetta GL 2.0L, Close-ratio tranny, LSD, modified engine

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old Mar 20th, 2017, 7:50 pm

Garage
Congrats, Ksluna! Great looking bike and great looking dog, too! (your pup too, ACN !)

2010 GT1000
1958 Cushman Eagle
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old Mar 20th, 2017, 8:59 pm

Very nice looking bike. I'm glad you finally got what you were after.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old Mar 20th, 2017, 9:22 pm

Congrats on the purchase! If that's the bike I think it is, you beat me to pulling the trigger.

Glad it found the right home!
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old Mar 20th, 2017, 10:09 pm

Congratulations!! That's a sweet looking bike. Very mean in the black colors. JC is the man. He helped me out tremendously when I got my SC Monoposto eight months back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old Mar 21st, 2017, 1:08 am

Garage
Congratulations and welcome. Lots of good info and resources in here. Nice lookin pupper you got there too.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old Mar 21st, 2017, 9:21 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air_Cooled_Nut View Post
Great bike and nice pup! Here's our li'l yard digger:
Kodiak, or as we call him, Kodi-yuk because he eats anything...cat poop, beetles, glass, cat poop, bones, twigs, cat poop, etc.
I know these dogs are crazy but I've never heard of one eating cat poop, lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackGT1K View Post
Congrats on the purchase! If that's the bike I think it is, you beat me to pulling the trigger.

Glad it found the right home!
I see you're in the DFW area. There is probably a high chance it was, I live in Dallas as well. I've been shopping for this bike for probably over a year now. I was sure that I would have to resorted to just finding one in California or Florida and having it shipped here. It's pretty rare IMO to see one for sale in Dallas. Good luck with your search if you are still seeking to get a sport classic!
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old Mar 21st, 2017, 2:09 pm
Official Retired Person

Garage
Congratulations and welcome to the group! That's a great looking ride. Have fun.

2007 GT1000
Semantics is the difference between "knowing your shit" and "knowing you're shit."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode