Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

DucaBike clip-on's on a 1000S?

3K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Sthor996 
#1 ·
Are there anybody out there with a set of 35mm high adjustable DucaBike clip-on's on a 1000S?:confused:

I have some problems getting my setup done in a way that actually lets me turn the front wheel without the reservoirs hitting the faring.

Maybe a couple of new reservoirs brackets moving them closer to the center?

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I used the SPEEDYMOTO Tall Boy 50mm Clip-ons w/ 2 in Rise.
The adjustable bars allowed me to rotate the bars for more clearance and comfort on my PS. I found the angle of the bar affected comfort more than the height, so I found the perfect angle and slid the bar as high as it could go.

I used Brembo - RCS Radial Brake Master Cylinders and moved the remote reservoirs inboard off the triple clamp. I slid all the controls inward as much as possible. This gave me more room when I turned the bars.

-M

#4 ·
New brackets made and installed

I think the best solution is to make a few new brackets for the reservoirs moving them closer towards the center, so that is what I have done now.

My fairing are right now at the painter so I cannot be 100% sure that it works, but looking at the fairing support on the top triple there seems to be enough space, in case it do not work as I hope it is no big thing because the cost of the brackets are around $3 in materials and 2 hours in work. (not counting the new longer hose needed on the brake side:D)

Attachments

#6 ·
Small bench & medium size hammer

Hello ModFather,

I'm afraid I did not do it very "scientifically", I just went to the local hardware store and found a length of aluminum of the right size (same as old brackets), the bends and twist I made in my small bench wise using a combination of different pliers and a medium size hammer, finishing it off with some black spray paint.

The right side (brake) is exactly the same shape as the old bracket except that it is longer.

The left side (clutch) now has a twist in it to make it possible to fit the hose and also get the fluid container in the same orientation (visually) as the brake.

The exact size and design of the brackets are of course dependent of the brand of fluid container you chose, mine are STM but there are several other choices, also please note that my fairing are still out for paint so I have not made a test fitting yet.

If I had to do anything different today I would properly see if I could find a setup where the fluid container had the same size and attachment brackets because I think that would look nicer, but this is now a thing for the next winter upgrade.

Let me know if you want more detail on the brackets, but since the design depends on the brand of containers I'm not sure any more detail will help you.

#9 ·
Just curious was there a reason you went DukaBike instead of CycleCat for these adjustable cilp-ons? They seem to be about the same price.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.