Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Termignoni for Sport 1000 biposto

4K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  Slick23 
#1 ·
hello folks,
just joined in...so I am sorry if you already covered this topic, but I couldn't find any thread about this.
looking to finally get the Termi's, but the question is: aluminum or stainless steal?
besides from the weight reduction and the cost saving of the alu ones, I can not see any difference between the two...maybe the fact that the SS had the possibility to insert Db killers?
also...I definitely need a steering damper, waaaay to many tank slapper on this beauty, specially when you push her around...and from what I've seen here, probably the best option for me is the STORZ option....I guess I will deal with the frame slide issue when the time comes
any comment will be greatly appreciated
cheers
Manumai

#3 ·
I did the same thing, not that I've ever used the baffles (dB killers).

Never regretted it for a moment.

These bikes NEED Termis, or Zards or something to let them breathe deeply

#5 ·
AAAARRGGGGGG...apparently they do not make the alu any more.
so I just placed an order for the SS ones
the only advantage I'm thinking of it's that maybe they are a bit more robust and won't ding easily.
I live in NYC too...you know what I mean!!!:mad:

#14 ·
Funny, wonder how my dealer in Oz just managed to order me a set of Aluminium Termis if they don't make them anymore :think:

Maybe you should check with Proitalia?

They had the SS in stock but they were $700 more which is what swayed me in the end.

#8 ·
great!
I definitely want to bring her to some track days this summer ...but I guess I will end up leaving her upstate (yes, I'm a lucky bastard!) since it's pretty painful to drive in the city and my KTM does a much better job, and the roads up there are just spectacular (not so the cops and the troopers though)
where do you post the weekend rides?

#13 ·
Slick and Manumai -

A bunch of us had this same problem last year with the never ending holding pattern for aluminum Termi's. Speaking from experience - I had my deposit down for a few MONTHS before the set finally arrived. It was due to a production issue from what I heard through Pro-Italia here in Glendale CA. I'd ask about this possibility. Higher price with the SS probably equals a few more sets being on the shelves.

#15 ·
My local dealer just got back from a Dealer's convention in Denver and says that the U.S. Ducati Sales Manager believes the aluminums will be shipping by the end of February but could not guarantee this.

They still show as 'unavailable' in the U.S. ducati ordering system.

cant wait much longer!

#16 ·
As it happens I got a call about 1/2hr ago, my pipes have arrived and they are being fitted early next week so maybe it's just a US issue with supply

#17 ·
wow. this is weird... I got a call about 4pm yesterday that my aluminum termis arrived. I got them installed today! There was no announcement from supplier, they just shipped a truckload of termis to the dealer and my order was on it! It was a huge and welcome surprise.

These are the aluminum 'For Race use only' version. and No baffles. They are loud and deep. Set off multiple car alarms in the parking garage at work.

Very happy here with the new Termis! Glad to hear you also were surprised with a delivery jcsport.

I am not as familiar with the whole Ducati experience but it seems they operate on a 'whatever' kind of approach to business so far. Nice surprise today.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.