Relocated SC1000 Horn/s - Page 5 - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum
http://www.ducati.ms/forums
» Sponsors
» Insurance
Go Back   Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum > Ducati Motorcycle Forums > Sport Classic

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Apr 8th, 2009, 4:29 pm   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick23 View Post
Did you need to lengthen the wires to move them there?
I'm still wondering on this as I was going to move them but it looked like the wiring bundle containing horn wires was not forgiving enough to move them there.
Slick23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 23rd, 2009, 1:58 pm   #42 (permalink)

please help, still wondering this simple question on how to get the wires long enough.
thanks...
Slick23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23rd, 2009, 11:11 pm   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
please help, still wondering this simple question on how to get the wires long enough.
thanks...
I moved my stock horns to the oil cooler mounts as well. The stock cables are long enough, just rerouted them and they fit nicely.

I also removed the chrome covers off the horns - they are just push-on plastic covers. They are now just plain black horns and blend in nicely with the motor.

They've been that way for over 6 months now without any problems.

Cheers,

Brett
bshadbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2012, 9:54 pm   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
thanks...
Any luck I'm looking to do the same mod. kind of a newbie when it comes to this sort of thing.
gzus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11th, 2013, 2:37 pm   #45 (permalink)

Regarding where Greg (WASP) has his. I see the hole/gromet thing on my bike, but there is no screw/bolt/etc. in there. Maybe the previous owner removed it? or am I not looking in the right place.

first pic is WASP
second is me.

Agro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11th, 2013, 4:57 pm   #46 (permalink)
Motorbike Junky

Yeah, previous owner must have removed it. That's the bolt that secures your airbox... Definitely replace it!

2006 Ducati Sport 1000, black
Zard Ti exhaust, DP ECU, Waspworks PUK, Speedymoto triples, 999 Showa forks, ABM clip-ons, RCs master cylinders, Rizoma reservoirs, Oberon bar end turn signals, CRG arrow mirrors, ProGrip XL grips, Corse Dynamics headlight, Brembo silver line 4p/4p calipers, Braketech Axis Iron rotors, 999 cast aluminum wheels, S4RS CF fender, MW CF fuel cap, Corse Dynamics gauge brackets, Sato rearsets, Ducabike brake lever & reverse shifter, Surflex clutch pack w/Pro Cutting basket, TI bolts, billet hub, Rizoma pressure plate, Speedymoto Half Life cover, DID 520 chain, 14/41 sprockets, CF hugger/chain guard, Motolectric HICAP w/Shorai LFX14A2 under seat, Speedymoto belt covers, frame/axle sliders, Speedo Healer 4.0, Oberon clutch slave

2009 Ducati GT1000/Sport 1000 Scrambler
GT1000 frame/tank/seat/bars, S2R engine, S1K mono swingarm/wheels/random parts, S1K biposto exhaust, Multistrada forks, custom rock guards, 19" front wheel, dirt tires

2004 Ducati 999 ...other... build in progress
Plan: 999 frame, custom subframe/seat/exhaust, 1198 engine, 999 tank, 999/1098 suspension, triples drilled for risers, GT1000 wheels
dendrophobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11th, 2013, 5:27 pm   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dendrophobe View Post
Yeah, previous owner must have removed it. That's the bolt that secures your airbox... Definitely replace it!
Damn, you are right. I'm embarrassed I didn't check the parts diagram.

I'll try to get it from the dealer tomorrow and then I'll re-install a horn there. I zip-tied the wires back so they are ready to go in that area.

Old Feb 11th, 2013, 7:15 pm   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by netvampire View Post
Could i ask were you bought the smaller black horns from please
Same question I have - any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!
Jules Winfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11th, 2013, 8:22 pm   #49 (permalink)
Motorbike Junky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agro View Post
I'll try to get it from the dealer tomorrow
Don't bother going to the dealer... The bolt is M6x20, with a washer to make sure it isn't pulled through the rubber. Go to Lowes, save yourself some money!

2006 Ducati Sport 1000, black
Zard Ti exhaust, DP ECU, Waspworks PUK, Speedymoto triples, 999 Showa forks, ABM clip-ons, RCs master cylinders, Rizoma reservoirs, Oberon bar end turn signals, CRG arrow mirrors, ProGrip XL grips, Corse Dynamics headlight, Brembo silver line 4p/4p calipers, Braketech Axis Iron rotors, 999 cast aluminum wheels, S4RS CF fender, MW CF fuel cap, Corse Dynamics gauge brackets, Sato rearsets, Ducabike brake lever & reverse shifter, Surflex clutch pack w/Pro Cutting basket, TI bolts, billet hub, Rizoma pressure plate, Speedymoto Half Life cover, DID 520 chain, 14/41 sprockets, CF hugger/chain guard, Motolectric HICAP w/Shorai LFX14A2 under seat, Speedymoto belt covers, frame/axle sliders, Speedo Healer 4.0, Oberon clutch slave

2009 Ducati GT1000/Sport 1000 Scrambler
GT1000 frame/tank/seat/bars, S2R engine, S1K mono swingarm/wheels/random parts, S1K biposto exhaust, Multistrada forks, custom rock guards, 19" front wheel, dirt tires

2004 Ducati 999 ...other... build in progress
Plan: 999 frame, custom subframe/seat/exhaust, 1198 engine, 999 tank, 999/1098 suspension, triples drilled for risers, GT1000 wheels
dendrophobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11th, 2013, 10:45 pm   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dendrophobe View Post
Don't bother going to the dealer... The bolt is M6x20, with a washer to make sure it isn't pulled through the rubber. Go to Lowes, save yourself some money!
Done.
thank you.

horn relocated same as WASP style. This seems good to go. I even removed the chrome piece.

Water isnt a concern for me as some have said the horn eventually dies? I dont ride in the rain ever.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement