Where are all the Brits and Irish ? Need info for tour ! - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum
http://www.ducati.ms/forums
» Sponsors
» Insurance
Go Back   Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum > Ducati Motorcycle Forums > Sport Classic

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jul 4th, 2011, 1:35 pm   #1 (permalink)

Where are all the Brits and Irish ? Need info for tour !

Hi guys,

Between September 24th and Oktober 1st I'm planning to do a bike trip together with my wife on her Monster.

We will get into England through the Chunnel.

My plan was to go through South England into Wales, take a ferry to Ireland and ride around the country to Belfast. Take a ferry to the Isle Of Man and back into England and down to Belgium again.

Any of you guys that can point me in the right direction ? The nicest roads to take ? I have a serious problem with highways, like most of you guys, so spare me on those ones. Only thing I care about is twisties and scenery !

Cheers mates !

KS.

mods : Wasp PUKs1 kit, DP Belt rollers, DP carbon belt covers cut out, Aella clutch slave master, Aella clip ons, Aella Rearsets, Aella frame plugs, DP windscreen, EVR-NCR slipper clutch, EVR clutch cover, DP chain guard, Rossi hugger, Rizoma sprocket cover, Desmoporsche inspection cover, Desmoporsche reservoir covers, Desmoporsche Oil filler plug, Custom cf tail chop, Oberon blinkers back, Watsens blinkers front, Oberon bar end left, Oberon bar end mirror right, Fresco full Ti 2-2 exhaust, STM oil breather, SSR Tank Cap, BST carbon wheels (spokes painted silver), Radial forkbottoms by Bikesetup.be, Brembo fork upgrade cartridge, Goodridge brake lines, Dunlop Sportsmart tires, 998S disks, Brembo mono blocks, Motovation axl sliders, NCR Schedoni seat, NCR valve covers, 748 CF front fender, Motobatt battery relocated under seat, Rectifier relocated, Titanium bolts all over the place, titanium axls, Brembo 19RCS clutch and brake levers, Ohlins steering damper + Aella bracket, starter cables rerouted, Starter/kill switch relocated to frame, brushed alu throttle and blinker control unit, DP Alarm, Fren Tubo oil lines, ...

-------------------------

Hope dies last.

Last edited by Kayser Söze; Jul 4th, 2011 at 1:43 pm.
Kayser Söze is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 4th, 2011, 1:41 pm   #2 (permalink)

I can help you out mate yes. You wanna join up on another forum, UK Motorbike Forum

A guy called Adam (that's his username) on there is the expert on good routes between locations, me personally i only know a few routes etc. Adam will send you map files/route files etc.
weeksy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2011, 1:43 pm   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by weeksy View Post
I can help you out mate yes. You wanna join up on another forum, UK Motorbike Forum

A guy called Adam (that's his username) on there is the expert on good routes between locations, me personally i only know a few routes etc. Adam will send you map files/route files etc.
Thanks ! I'll get on that asap

mods : Wasp PUKs1 kit, DP Belt rollers, DP carbon belt covers cut out, Aella clutch slave master, Aella clip ons, Aella Rearsets, Aella frame plugs, DP windscreen, EVR-NCR slipper clutch, EVR clutch cover, DP chain guard, Rossi hugger, Rizoma sprocket cover, Desmoporsche inspection cover, Desmoporsche reservoir covers, Desmoporsche Oil filler plug, Custom cf tail chop, Oberon blinkers back, Watsens blinkers front, Oberon bar end left, Oberon bar end mirror right, Fresco full Ti 2-2 exhaust, STM oil breather, SSR Tank Cap, BST carbon wheels (spokes painted silver), Radial forkbottoms by Bikesetup.be, Brembo fork upgrade cartridge, Goodridge brake lines, Dunlop Sportsmart tires, 998S disks, Brembo mono blocks, Motovation axl sliders, NCR Schedoni seat, NCR valve covers, 748 CF front fender, Motobatt battery relocated under seat, Rectifier relocated, Titanium bolts all over the place, titanium axls, Brembo 19RCS clutch and brake levers, Ohlins steering damper + Aella bracket, starter cables rerouted, Starter/kill switch relocated to frame, brushed alu throttle and blinker control unit, DP Alarm, Fren Tubo oil lines, ...

Hope dies last.
Old Jul 4th, 2011, 2:02 pm   #4 (permalink)

Once over, give us a shout fella, although none of the roads in England compare with the roads around Cochem... some of them in Wales are half decent.
Old Jul 4th, 2011, 2:25 pm   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Once over, give us a shout fella, although none of the roads in England compare with the roads around Cochem... some of them in Wales are half decent.
I just don't feel for Germans right now. I'm in need of a healthy dose of British and Irish pub grub and bevvies

Hope dies last.
Old Jul 4th, 2011, 2:32 pm   #6 (permalink)

I'm there Weeksy. Posted the thread.

Hope dies last.
Old Jul 4th, 2011, 2:56 pm   #7 (permalink)

Good man. I look forward to it mate. You can come and see the sport classic and i'll spend a day with you if you want some company i'll even try and persuade a few other Ducasti if you want.
Old Jul 4th, 2011, 4:50 pm   #8 (permalink)
Banned

Happy to help if I can. I only really know Southern England and the Home Counties intimately, but have a think about where you wanna stop over as well as what roads might be good. Also, good roads on one day of the week might be bad on another.

Coming from the chunnel towards Wales might take you across Kent, Sussex, Surrey, etc, and I could advice a few of the nicer roads along that route, most notably picking up the A272 from Haywards Heath as far as Winchester.

Apart from that, you'll get the best advice from weeksy's recommended website, as it's are full of proper bike nerds who can probably tell you what mileage per gallon to take into account, and will probably come round your house in Belgium to help you install a ScottOiler to maximise chain life. They may even have a few spreadsheets on what gear rations give the best mpg at certain cruising speeds.
LondonDutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2011, 11:41 pm   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonDutch View Post
Happy to help if I can. I only really know Southern England and the Home Counties intimately, but have a think about where you wanna stop over as well as what roads might be good. Also, good roads on one day of the week might be bad on another.

Coming from the chunnel towards Wales might take you across Kent, Sussex, Surrey, etc, and I could advice a few of the nicer roads along that route, most notably picking up the A272 from Haywards Heath as far as Winchester.

Apart from that, you'll get the best advice from weeksy's recommended website, as it's are full of proper bike nerds who can probably tell you what mileage per gallon to take into account, and will probably come round your house in Belgium to help you install a ScottOiler to maximise chain life. They may even have a few spreadsheets on what gear rations give the best mpg at certain cruising speeds.
LMAO !

Hope dies last.
Old Jul 4th, 2011, 11:47 pm   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Good man. I look forward to it mate. You can come and see the sport classic and i'll spend a day with you if you want some company i'll even try and persuade a few other Ducasti if you want.
Sounds great !

However, don't expect a high tempo. My wife has started riding motorcycles just a couple of weeks ago

Also, I won't be taking the Smart but the Multi1200 instead.
Perfect for the long hauls, lot's of bagage space and a real hooligan bike all in one

Hope dies last.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement