Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Ciccio been into Laos.

2K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  Ciccio Bkk 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi Desmo Brothers!
few weeks ago been riding into laos with my new Multi. Yes i know...wrong section :D..but even i ride this gorgeous machine, i still a SC Man, so here a video for you guys:

#2 ·
Ciccio,

I was sorry to find the video unavailable.

My beloved Daughter in law is Laotian. A few years back she and my son traveled to Vientiane to deliver her mom's ashes to be with those of her ancestors in one of the many Buddhist temples there.

The photos they took of the city fascinated me (as they knew they would). We have spoken of one day going to visit Laos together.

It is, I understand, a totally different world existing in what appears to be a totally different time. Well, at least to what I am familiar with. :)

-don

#4 · (Edited)
Thanks for the post Ciccio. :)

Viewing the video two things stood out to me. The first was the landscape. A truly beautiful country.

The second was the ladies hats. I'm going to rib my daughter in law when I see her tomorrow. How come she never wears such hats? :D

BTW, did you have any trouble getting gasoline? I was thinking of the trips between large towns and the Hyper's little, little gas tank.

Cheers!

-don

#5 ·
Thanks for the video Ciccio,

Do they have right hand traffic in Laos? I just seen Laos from the Thai side. :)
We will probably move back to Bangkok in a couple of years, and I hope to be able to bring my SC1000 with me then.

Have a great Christmas.

#8 ·
Yes, they drive on right side.Funny when you have to cross back to thailand..the check point is a big X intersection...:D

Import your bike is a very difficult proceeder, not include that you have to spend around 3000 usd to register it with local number. There are several option for the first year allow you to keep your bike in your passport. I think is way easier sold your bike there and buy another one here.

#7 ·
Renzo, thank you for posting this. Very pretty country indeed. Merry Christmas to you and your family!

#9 ·
Thanks for the info Renzo,

I forgot the added tax on foreign vehicles. With that in mind, what does a SC sport cost in Thailand then... ?

#14 ·
I'm thinking about importing my Sport 1000 there in pieces as "parts" with a mere 20% tax on their already exhorbitant valuation. The problem would be "tea money" being demanded before the parts are released and getting a green book. Risky business.

#15 ·
I have heard of people importing Harley Davidsons to Thailand that way on a more or less regular basis. I guess they have the right connections...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.