Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

2013 Multi upgrades

2K views 22 replies 8 participants last post by  Krazyjohnny 
#1 ·
Wife just bought a 2016 MS at the first of the year. I have a 2013 with the full Termi exhaust and the map that came with it.

Love my bike. Rode the wife's today and it seemed to be missing something. It just didn't "snap". I got to thinking what my bike is missing? Cruise control is the big thing and my factory seat tends to wear on my mid quad after a while.

Looking at the Tuneboy site I can't tell what I need from them to add cruise control. Do they respond?

Next is a seat upgrade. Who makes a good seat that doesn't feel so square?

Any help or pointers are appreciated.

#2 ·
If you just want the cruise control from TB without the nudge buttons all you have to buy is the Cruise Control only for $399 but if you want nudge buttons (ability to press a button and increase or decrease speed while CC is already active) then you have to buy a Tune & Cruise for $599. I bought the T&C kit b/c I don't have a tune on my bike AND I wanted CC. I didn't buy the nudge buttons for the simple fact I have enough crap on my bars as it is but they would be nice to have. I currently just turn the cruise on (hold power button for 3 seconds) and then once I get to my desired speed I hit the start button and it holds the speed electronically.

#3 ·
I hear ya about the handle bars getting crowded. To do the tune don't you have to have the bike on a dyno? Or do they have a recorder that comes with it to record the data and then adjust the trim file from there and flash it back to the ECU?

#4 ·
They have the LC-2 air/fuel monitoring system that you can hook up to it to tune yourself using LogWorks software (PC or iOS), it goes where your old o2 sensor was with an adapter. This lets you tune the front, and then you move it to the rear with an adapter as well and finish tuning the rear. This can be done without a dyno, but if you can find a dealer that works with the Tuneboy software that is ideal as they'll have a dyno and be able to get it exact where doing it yourself on the road is probably not as exact.

#6 ·
Hey Johnny, just want to point out (if you didn't see it), just had mine dyno'd and the Termi ECU is spot on. I wouldn't change a thing w/ the fuel map!
Text Line Paper Design Parallel

And... a '16 ran a bit after me (had 6k miles) and it pulled 5 more hp and 2 ft lbs in stock form.

#10 ·
How do I get in touch with the tuneboy folks? Their email address came back undeliverable. I want to make sure that my heated grips will not be effected since you use the same switch for their cruise.

Gonna order the Sargent seat for the bike. It seems to be the go to.

#13 ·
how does the grip control work? I've got the TB cruise but considered adding heated grips. I have to hold the button for 8 seconds to turn on the cruise, them press once to engage once on. How do you turn the grips on or off and do they have more than one setting?

#16 ·
You hold the button for three seconds to turn cruise on. Hold it again for a second to set the cruise. If you do both close enough to each other, you end up bringing up the grip menu and then turning the grips on. The easy way around that is to just activate cruise right after you start the bike and then set it whenever you get on the highway, but I always forget and then end up turning the grips on while I set cruise and stabbing the button a few extra times to turn them back off.

#17 ·
It takes a solid 6 minimum (so I hold it for about 8) for my CC to turn on.

In any case, lets say you start the bike, and then turn cruise on with the long press. 20 minutes later you press the button to "Set" cruise. Does the grip menu not come up with that press?

#18 ·
I am dying to spend money with these guys and cannot get in touch with them. I want to make sure I get everything I need to have my bike set up the way I want it.

How do you get in contact with these wankers? I have e-mailed their sales link and had it bounce back. I tried via my yahoo account as well and nothing.

#21 ·
Ok gang,

I gotta give Wayne at Tuneboy a thumbs up for responding to me and explaining the answers to all of my questions for adding cruise to my bike. I placed my order today and can't wait to see how long it takes to get to Texas.

Thank you all for your help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.