Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

My 900SS project....

3K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  dewjantim 
#1 ·
I started my newest project last week. A friend of mine was killed by a pillhead while he was riding his 900SS last year. I tried to buy the wreckage from his wife but she gave me what was left of it. I am rebuilding the bike as a tribute to him. I have purchased most of the parts to rebuild it but can't find a frame, fuel tank, or a fairing mount for a good price. Anyone out there have any of these parts for sale? Paint and cosmetics don't matter, the tank can be dented (not caved in... just dented) and the mount can be bent as long as it can be straightened out. I would like a frame with paper..... but beggars can't be choosers, so it being straight would be good enough. The bike is going to be a 93-98 supersport. Will post pics when I get started......

#4 ·
900ss frames...

I believe there are two on fleabay now!

Good Luck!

#7 ·
I have a 95 900ss "race" frame on fleabay right now (no title) it's straight but modified to fit a large crankcase alloy box. I may have a fairing stay but will need to check email Ducatierv@aol.com

#10 ·
and he has a complete SS1000DS kit on sale, engine with wiring harness
and CPU, for very reasonable money, for all of those who ever wanted to
upgrade their SS900, this is the time to do it.

:)

#11 ·
UPS delivered my frame over the weekend. I bought the fairing stay from Desmocourtney. Contacted my painter, he will do my frame and wheels in a couple of weeks (PPG Torch Red) and I will be on my way. Anyone have a left hand Ducati performance Remus carbon muffler they want to sell for cheap..... I am in dire need. Thanks, Dewey.

#15 ·
Received my air-tech bodywork and ebay carbon rear fender yesterday. Putting in fork seals tomorrow and putting front end back together by the first of the week. Getting the paint for the frame next week, then getting frame and wheels to painter for shiny red paint. When it gets done..... the fun part will start.... putting it all together...... Meanwhile, I have a major redo on an airhead BMW front end along with a complete detail(OMG.. a real paying job), not to mention more work on my little bright red with pearl metalic top coat GTL cafe racer. Damn, I am too busy to get a job.....hehehe.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.