Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Whats the big Airdeal???

1K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  gregsky 
#1 ·
i gots me a 96 900ss. all stock. my buddy has the same but bigger intake and new carbs. he cut off his air box to help with air flow. so i did the same but it bogs out after 5000 rpm's. what am i doing wrong. does my carbs need to be adjusted???

#4 ·
Hi,

I correct myself, they only have a stage one or two kit for the 900ss. As I have installed many DynoJet kits I tend to reccomend what I know works. Factory kits are ok kits too... but if it was my money being spent I would buy the Dynojet kit.

I would reccomend the stage two as it is made for bikes with modified ariboxes... Dynojet

Gray :think:

#8 ·
I have a 96 ss with silmoto slip on's and the stock carbs. I was interested in either a jet kit or aftermarket carbs. A friend recommended the jet kit because he thought that it worked just as well as the aftermarket carbs and saved money and was better with fuel. I was thinking about a stage 2 kit and wondered how it matched up with the performance gain of the aftermarket carbs.

#10 ·
+ 1 for FCR Install

i have had a bunch of carbed 900s. There is nothing you can do with stock carbs that will get you close to the feel of FCRs. I have not found the peak horsepower gain to be that much unless other modifications were done ie: cams, port work, split FCRs with short manifolds, etc. However your butt on the seat dyno will swear you gained 15HP it will pull so much harder off the bottom and through the midrange.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.