800 Supersport - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old Apr 18th, 2017, 3:39 pm Thread Starter

800 Supersport

About to pull the trigger on an 2005 800 Supersport. Any Idea where I can get CF slipons? doesn't seem to be much for parts and accessories which is making me a little hesitant to make this buy and go for an ST4 instead, I have googled till my fingers hurt. If anyone can point me in the right direction, I would certainly appreciate it.

Never doubt The Lone Ranger, ever stalwart.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old Apr 18th, 2017, 4:38 pm

Maybe check the earlier 900/750 SSie or 1000SSie parts. Surly they would fit? I have a copy of the "ie" version of the DP performance catalogue on another computer. You can find those exhausts out there second hand. Plus I'm sure there are aftermarket for the bikes I mentioned. Maybe the 750 would match the headers? I don't know the sizes as I only have 900 stuff. If you pop off a slip on and measure the header I can tell you if the 900 would fit. Maybe Brad Black or Ducvet would know this.

66 350 Sebring, 93 900 SS, 2000 900 SSie

Last edited by Dave G; Apr 18th, 2017 at 4:50 pm.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old Apr 18th, 2017, 7:54 pm Thread Starter

Thanks Dave

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old Apr 18th, 2017, 9:27 pm

I bought a 2006 about a month ago. It came with stainless Termi slip-ons. It appears a carbon set is available as an accessory through Ducati in Canada.

Carbon fibre racing silencer kit - Ducati Superbike Accessories

I haven't looked on the USA site.

2006 SuperSport 800
It is original only once
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old Apr 18th, 2017, 11:53 pm

Why not eBay?

A clean set of CF high mounts just sold yesterday for around $350.

2002 998 SBK _ 2004 SS1000 _ 2007 GT1000
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old Apr 19th, 2017, 5:25 am Thread Starter

Really?have been checking daily, didn't see them or I would have scooped them up

post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old Apr 19th, 2017, 5:26 am Thread Starter

I will check it out. Thanks

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old Apr 19th, 2017, 8:43 am

Last I knew silmotor had high mount slip ons for some SS versions then you get into some of the 2nd tier exhausts being lesser known names. This does not mean lesser quality just not "the" name brands. With a supersport you also can core your exhausts pretty easily and get the same results as most aftermarket slip ons, There will be a little welding involved but then you keep a stock looking can but a full glasspack design like most aftermarket cans.

Since you want Carbon cans be sure to watch for brown spots on used cans. This is where the packing has blown out and now the exhaust is cooking the carbon. This happens usually at the inlet end of the can.

Given the age of the bike I would expect there will be less choices so if it were me I would decide first if brand matters.
If yes I would be patient and watch for a set and maybe core the stock ones in the mean time to help keep me patient.

If brand does not matter buy new in what ever shape or color you can find (D&D will be loudest probably) They will most likely all perform the same with cosmetics and fit/finish being the difference.
I do believe for slip ons the 800,900 and 1000 will all be the same from most aftermarket manufacturers.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old Apr 19th, 2017, 12:13 pm Thread Starter

Thanks

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old Apr 19th, 2017, 2:49 pm

If you consider coring your stock cans as Ducvet suggested there is a company in the UK that sell all the bits to re-skin your stock cans with carbon. They sell the Termi style end caps too. Don't know if this is cheaper than just buying new but I was looking at doing it to a set of high mount stock cans for my carby bike as the early Termis are hard to come by. They have the oval profile for the ie bikes.

66 350 Sebring, 93 900 SS, 2000 900 SSie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode