Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Restoring a worn triple-

848 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  davesprinkle 
#1 ·
Anyone have any luck or tips for restoring/removing key rubs on the triple. Is it painted? Anyone remove the plaque and then reattach? I'm picking up this super clean 96 SS/SP and about the only thing wrong with it is the slightly worn triple.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I do not remember if it is painted so I will go scratch mine for you to find out. I have had a customer polish his for the same reason and that was a bad idea , too much reflection. I would think a light blast job could get the right texture, look.

#4 ·
not an ss one, but i hit my monster one with paint stripper a couple of weeks ago during the custom job when the bead blaster wouldn't lift the old paint and it just bubbled off like crazy. so i'm going for paint. only way to make it nice is repaint. bead blast will give a nice finish, but it will go bad over time if it gets wet, etc. you could anodise it, but again similar issues with scratching to paint - you have to completely refinish it to fix it.

my monster one after the beadblast:

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.