Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

95' 900ss

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  bigbadbass 
#1 ·
Does the rectifier go out on the 900ss often?

#3 ·
Any 2 phase SS regulator is suspect. The 3 phase units seem much better (1997 onwards).

You can minimize the risk by keeping a well charged new(ish) battery in the bike and by making sure all connections (inlcuding the battery leads and battery ground) are clean, dry and tight. Rewiring the yellow stator wires to a heavier gauge helps too.

Ducati now sells an upgraded reg with much better heat sink but it's very pricey. Electrex's first generation replacements were crap too. Wire gauge was too small. Their current offering (which was out of stock for six months) is better. These guys Regulatorrectifier.com put one out too that seems pretty good so far.

#4 ·
Last I knew (last january) you can buy just the 2 phase rectifier from ducati for around $150. If you buy the complete upgrade kit the price goes up another $100.

All you have to do is make a short spacer bracket and change a couple of connectors to make the replacement part work. I have had great luck with the newest Ducati rectifier.

I went through 3 of the old style on my 851

#5 ·
...All you have to do is make a short spacer bracket and change a couple of connectors to make the replacement part work. I have had great luck with the newest Ducati rectifier....
Thanks for the feedback on the upgraded Ducati regulator. I'd not heard from from anyone who actually had saddle time with it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.