Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Torque Specs

19K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  zvez 
#1 ·
looking for torque specs for my 1999 900SS. All bolts need to be torqued with the New Torque Wrench Santa Claus put in my shop on X-mas day..
Winter project still in shop.
Still waiting for the UPS person :mad:

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
I have a PDF file from Brook Tech, that shows torque values for metric screws and bolts. I found it some place. I could e-mail it to you if you like. Just PM me and let me know. Ok I know the Word docs are a bit hard to read. Till I get a handle on Acrobat its the best I can do. These torque values are from the 2001 Ducati SS service manual. I hope they are the same and this helps.

Attachments

#3 ·
curveman99 said:
looking for torque specs for my 1999 900SS. All bolts need to be torqued with the New Torque Wrench Santa Claus put in my shop on X-mas day..
Winter project still in shop.
Still waiting for the UPS person :mad:
Here's a link I found. I got the early 900 shop manual and owners handbook for cheap, pay by paypal and download. Scroll down his page and you'll see the manuals for your bike.

http://www.duc.nu/manuals/

Chris

#4 ·
curveman99 said:
looking for torque specs for my 1999 900SS. ................
I have a pdf of a 2001 SS Workshop manual. It is 48Mb. If you can suggest a way to get it to you I'll give it a try. In fact I think my firm has one of these internet depositories where you can put large files for others to download once you e-mail the location and password.

PM me if you are interested.

Barry

#6 ·
peckas said:
How do you or what kind of torque wrench do you need to torque the head nuts on 900ss 2v head? Seams a normal torque wrench wouldn't fit in on some of the head nuts.
It doesn't. So when I got my ducati and decided I needed another torque wrench with a lower range than my old one I bought a Norbar torque handle.

This allows different heads to be used, including the usual ratchet. See link and especially the flare and open ends which will overcome the lack of clearance above the stud.

http://www.norbar.com/products_category.php&category_multid=1

Another alternative is to fabricate one of these. When used the torque wrench and the spanner must be at 90 degrees for the torque not to be corrupted by leverage.

Barry

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.