Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

eliminate tank mounted fuel valve?

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  tempest411 
#1 ·
1995 supersport. My fuel shutoff valve is a fuel slowdown valve. My dealer cannot locate kit to rebuild the packing or just replace the valve completely. My thought was to just eliminate the valve, replace it with a 90° brass fitting that threads to the tank and has a hose barb on the other end for the fuel line, then install one of the motion pro in line fuel petcocks that I've seen on a few bikes.

Anybody know what the threading on the tank is? I haven't pulled the old shutoff valve off yet, wanted to see if there was anyone who'd gone down this road before.

Opinions?

#2 ·
You'd have to position the inline petcock close to the tank outlet, i.e before the hose goes through the gap between frame and rear head, otherwise you wouldn't be able to turn the fuel off before separating the hose to remove the tank - does this make sense?

#3 ·
That's the plan. I'm considering removing the stock shutoff valve completely, replacing it with a 90°*elbow ending in a hose barb - then maybe 2" of fuel line, the new inline petcock, more fuel line, then the fuel filter (removed from inside the tank), etc... So I'm looking for information about how the stock shutoff valve attaches to the tank (what are the threads). before I just try pulling it off of there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.