Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

749s Air Filter

6K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  charlesbx99 
#1 ·
I'm needing new air filters. Whats the best one to go with.

1. Pipercross Pair Cone Performance Air Filter - Ducati 749 Monoposto
2. Ducati 749.999 Performance Air Filter Set
3. MWR Ducati 749/999 Air Filters
4. OEM

Or any other one

#3 ·
#4 And #2 are identical parts iirc. Although I'm sure its possible, I'm not sure you could get much better flow than what those have already. Thin oil soaked gause, the K&N way! I know there have been some other threads on this topic but I'm not sure if any consensus was reached on what was "best." Best is relative, Best filtration wont be best airflow, and vice versa. I just keep cleaning and re-oiling my OEM and thats served me quite well.

#5 ·
Other than the fact that they're not pleated, the OEM filters more or less ARE K&N (by design, wire mesh over oiled gauze). I use the K&N filter recharger kit to clean mine and re-oil them. Turns them red instead of whatever color they are new. :D

#10 ·
Thanks to know about the belts. So for the article I can see it. OK for the k&n you do get a little more horse power over stock filter. Because open ur mouth and breath in now close your mouth and try sucking in which one was easier. So for the K&N it's allowing more air to pass by so for the filter part I can see how dirt getting by. So a little more dirt for extra performance what a trade off. But heres the other side was the k&n filter clean and properly oiled b/c theirs a black art to it at the same time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.