Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1198 Torque Specs

10K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  DukeDesmo 
#1 ·
I have poked around the older posts and cant find what im looking for. Does anyone have the torque specs for an 1198?
I need the values for the:
Clutch Spring Bolts
Clutch Hub
Rear Wheel
Front Wheel
Front Rotors

An entire torque sheet would be great, even better would be info on where to buy a 2009 1198S Service Manual!

Thanks!

#2 ·
I have poked around the older posts and cant find what im looking for. Does anyone have the torque specs for an 1198?
I need the values for the:
Here are the numbers I use;

Clutch Spring Bolts; (hand tight 15 -20lb ) with a dot of blue locktite on each
Clutch Hub; Ducati gives an insane number for this (160lb), 100lb is fine.
Rear Wheel; Again, the number they give is off the hook. There is nothing wrong with 130 - 150lb
Front Wheel; I measure this by spinning the wheel and when the tightness of the nut makes the wheel go slower or stop, its too tight, back off. I believe Ducati's official number is between 20 - 40lb. The pinch bolts are hand tight only, they don't need to be cranked down, 15 -20lb. When you tighten them, there is no order, but you always have to re-tighten. So for instance, do bolt A and B, then retighten A and then B again, then go back to A to insure its OK. Then repeat for bolts C and D as there are 4 pinch bolts.
Front Rotors; Gotta be careful with these. 40lb is recommended, I tend to go less then that and use blue locktite.

The only torq numbers I use are the motor ones. All the other numbers on the bike tend to be over-kill, especially with the clutch hub. Its almost impossible to hold the clutch assembly in place when applying that much torq to it, I've never been able to apply 160lb's without breaking something.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.