Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

coolant additives

3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  cedwards748r 
#1 ·
Hi Just wondering if anyone has the low down on coolants??
Is it possible to mix coolants from the same manufacturer without having any adverse side affects??
For example is it ok to mix Motulcool with Motul Mo Cool & motul inugel plus coolant. Have all sorts of stories about coolant & the more you read the more confusing it gets.:confused:

#2 ·
Hey Mate

I am in a cooling system related business and will give you the same advice I give my customers.
Don't mix coolants it's not worth it.
Some mix ok, some can become an acidic mix and attack the inside of the radiator.
I have seen new radiators destroyed in 2 years by incompatible coolants being mixed together and they were copper ones not the more susceptible alloy ones on our bikes.

Drain the old coolant out, refill with distilled water, run for an hour or so to flush it, drop it out and in with the new coolant.
Too easy.

davy

#3 ·
Engine Ice!!!

I just switched out to Engine Ice. I wasn't sure about the grandiose claims of this insane drop in temps, but I'll tell you what my "highway" temps are down at least 25 degrees, "in traffic" temp is down 10-15 degrees, and "STUCK IN TRAFFIC" temp is down about 10 degrees. To me that is a HUGE improvement, as my 749 ran insanely HOT!!

Just my thoughts.

#4 ·
I just switched out to Engine Ice. I wasn't sure about the grandiose claims of this insane drop in temps, but I'll tell you what my "highway" temps are down at least 25 degrees, "in traffic" temp is down 10-15 degrees, and "STUCK IN TRAFFIC" temp is down about 10 degrees. To me that is a HUGE improvement, as my 749 ran insanely HOT!!

Just my thoughts.

Ok you got my attention.

Down from what temps to what temps in what ambient?

davy

#5 ·
I was told that you can mix
MOTUL MoCool additive and MOTUL MotoCool Coolant at 5% of volume.

MoCool is compatible with most antifreezes, including the new long-life versions
MOTUL MoCool additive is designed for aluminum, cast iron, copper, brass, and bronze systems.

Motul MoCool is a radiator additive which will reduce cooling system temperature by as much as 15*C (30*F) ( similar in function to "Water Wetter".

MOTUL MotoCool Coolant is a ready to use (no mix) coolant with a high boiling point/lower freezing point and corrosion inhibiters.

-M

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.