Reset maintenance/service light on 749? - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum
http://www.ducati.ms/forums
» Sponsors
» Insurance
Go Back   Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum > Ducati Motorcycle Forums > Superbikes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jul 21st, 2006, 5:52 am   #1 (permalink)

Reset maintenance/service light on 749?

Ok well I just hit 6k on my 03 749 and I just checked all the fluids,valves and did an oil change myself. I took it in for the 600 service and they charged me a grip so now ill do everything myself, this isn't my first bike so don't worry fellas I'm a pretty good hands on mechanic but new to a service/maintenance light on a motorcycle.

One thing that is not completed is that the maintenance light is blinking and its annoying so I need to get that to reset but before I go to the dealership I want to know if there's a way where I could reset it for future services? I tried to search but nothing came up unless I'm not searching correctly. Please all help is appreciated, TIA!
yourname is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 21st, 2006, 7:32 am   #2 (permalink)

On the SBK's there is no way to reset the light yourself, unfortunately. As for the blinking, it will stop here before long and stay on steady. Don't remember the actual mileage when it stops blinking but it's not long. The indicator does nothing and has zero effect when on so...Mine's been on for 2,000+ miles now. Not gonna drive 90 miles to my dealer just to turn out the wrench.

'05 749s...Termi 54mm full system, 41t sproket, DiD chain, Evoluzione fender eliminator, PCIII/custom map, Pazzo Levers, Puig DB Windscreen, Penske Shock, CRS Forks, CF everything.

www.ducati-owners-group.com

"Freedom, for those who fought for it, has a flavor the protected will never know..."
galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21st, 2006, 1:45 pm   #3 (permalink)

Thanks for the info. It just bugs me when I'm looking at the cluster and I see a light that shouldn't be there. My nearest Ducati dealer is about 30 miles from here so its not a bad ride for me but do you or anyone know how much they would charge to reset it? I could give them a call and ask but I'd like to know how much I should be paying for this and not get raped just to rest a stupid light in advance, thanks!
yourname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22nd, 2006, 1:13 am   #4 (permalink)

Well, I called my local dealer which is 12 miles away...(yes I did say my dealer was 90 away...the only one I'll go to is 90 miles away) I figured I would let them touch it to turn off the wrench as I doubt you can mess anything up doing that. They wanted a 1/2 hours labor just to plug in the computer and turn off that stupid wrench. It's literally a 10 minute job. I also was told I'd have to make an appointment for a week later to get in. I did take into consideration I'm not one of their regular customers but still...no way. I'll look at the wrench. I called my regular dealer and they said "yea, swing on by any time and we'll take care of it right quick". Good luck, your results may vary but I think you'll find you loose interest in the wrench being on pretty fast.

'05 749s...Termi 54mm full system, 41t sproket, DiD chain, Evoluzione fender eliminator, PCIII/custom map, Pazzo Levers, Puig DB Windscreen, Penske Shock, CRS Forks, CF everything.

www.ducati-owners-group.com

"Freedom, for those who fought for it, has a flavor the protected will never know..."
galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22nd, 2006, 10:03 am   #5 (permalink)

can't blame a shop for a minimum labour charge for a diy guy.go to your local gm,ford etc and see what a diagnostic hookups costs.remember also that the mathesus checks belt tension,tps ,co levels etc.all needed for a complete service.and as we all have read a complete service history is the single most important factor in a used ducati purchase
Advertisement