Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

clutch issues 09 - 848

856 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  robd 
#1 ·
Hey can anyone offer some advise?

I bought a dumped 848 recently and have it almost finished. It was dropped on its right side, and I cannot get the clutch to engage.

Is it a pressure plate, broken part, or air in the line....? has anyone had such an issue? How would I check to see if their is air in the line?

Anyone know of a good Mechanic in vancouver, BC?

#3 ·
Do you mean that you can not get the transmission to turn by letting out the clutch or that you can not disengage the transmission when you do pull the clutch lever?

Thats a wet clutch, but I would get a gasket and remove the cover to see what's going on inside when you pull the clutch in. It could be a bent clutch rod; the piece that goes from the clutch slave to the pressure plate. It could be a bad clutch slave. You can bleed the clutch line just like a brake line, just look for the bleeder screw.

What's the pressure like on the clutch lever when you pull it back?

#4 ·
Thanks for the help so far,

The pressure on the clutch lever is pretty good. When I pull in the lever their is significant tension but not over hard,, and as i put the bike into gear its pops and stalls before i can release the clutch.

If there was air in the line, would I have tension on the lever?? It doesn't look as though there is any missing fluid in the clutch line, so I guess there is a problem inside with a rod or pressure plate.

Thanks again for the posts!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.