My 999S "Isabella" - the full story - Page 5 - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 193 (permalink) Old Feb 26th, 2016, 7:04 am

Location: Champlin & Bakus 30 miles of serpentine State HWY 84 not one stop sign, mn, usa
Yes then tail light bracket L.V. got thrown away with the box i will post photos on owners club . Was not talking about crazy power i have always had my Ducati tuned before i have to bring them for a problem every spring !

if 666,was 999 ,Nero 06 999s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 193 (permalink) Old Feb 26th, 2016, 9:14 am

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jusutus View Post
How about a mystery photo? Anyone recognize this piece of art?

I wondered when you post one of those pictures!! Can't wait to see it in action. Awesome find!
post #43 of 193 (permalink) Old Feb 26th, 2016, 10:41 am

Quote:

How about a mystery photo? Anyone recognize this piece of art?

Gotta be the Akro ti system

'89 851, '92 888 (SP4), 2001 996R, '92 888/996 project.

post #44 of 193 (permalink) Old Feb 26th, 2016, 1:37 pm

Garage
Quote:
It came from someone on this forum. I can help you find one if you want. I paid 270 with shipping and taxes

Here are the DP catalogs:

Thanks!! Just gound a dp carbon hugger in good shape for 185, so that's not too bad... Thanks for the pdf's!!! I think my wife will be getting crazy! I 'm just clearing some of my spare ducati ss stuff to clean out the workshop so she thinks we will have some more room for 'non bike stuff'
jusutus likes this.
post #45 of 193 (permalink) Old Feb 27th, 2016, 5:09 am

Garage
Hi Isabella, meet Dusty!

The winter period is almost over and next week the insurance starts again. Hopeful this year I will ride it more than the last several years otherwise I will seriously thinking about selling.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	629.2 KB
ID:	678034  
post #46 of 193 (permalink) Old Feb 27th, 2016, 6:26 am Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennie View Post
Hi Isabella, meet Dusty!

The winter period is almost over and next week the insurance starts again. Hopeful this year I will ride it more than the last several years otherwise I will seriously thinking about selling.
Hi Dusty! You are very pretty You'd be crazy selling her. But if you do, I'll take the rearsets...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducati dad View Post
Gotta be the Akro ti system
That is correct

After almost one and a half years of looking I finally got my dream exhaust. Thanks @ecke .

For those who don't know what the fuss is about, it's a "749RS" factory system by Akrapovic. They were not sold to the public, only for race teams for WSS and BSB (and probably something else too, I'm not very familiar with the different racing series). The reason Akrapovic made these was that the full titanium 57mm Termignonis weren't very durable and many cracked in use. There weren't many Akras made so finding one in good shape was very hard.

Full titanium and carbon, weighs about 5.1kg in total. 57mm diameter so perfect for a street 999. The welds are absolutely beautiful compared to my current 57mm Termignoni and even compared to an RS 63.5mm Termi I sold some time ago.

999S '06
post #47 of 193 (permalink) Old Feb 27th, 2016, 6:45 am Thread Starter

Garage
During the last ~16 months I have seen two other systems for sale. One was in the Netherlands and the seller described the condition as "perfect", saying he originally bought it for his own project. The pictures he sent weren't very clear but I noticed an odd looking mark on the silencer end cap and asked multiple times if there was any damage on it. The seller always said no, everything is perfect.

It wasn't a cheap system but I eventually bought it and had to pay his friend's Paypal since the seller didn't have an account. Right after the payment @Dennie sent me an email with a pic of one pipe on the system. It had been broken at some point and fixed by welding a new piece on it and securing with an extra spring.

The seller never mentioned this nor sent me these pics. I sent him a message immediately and it took him a long time to response, saying the repair was done well and it has no affect on anything. I was a bit pissed already but still wanted the system too much to cancel the deal.

After a long wait the system finally arrived. How many of you would say this exhaust is "perfect"?

More pics in the next message, stupid 8 pic limitation...

999S '06
post #48 of 193 (permalink) Old Feb 27th, 2016, 6:51 am Thread Starter

Garage

So the system had cracks, dents and multiple repair welds. Having paid nearly 2k for this I was so pissed!!!

After contacting the seller about this he turned into a complete f*cking tool. The only phrase he used afterwards was "it's used". I let Paypal take care of the issue and after six weeks I got my money back.

This seller is currently selling the system on a Facebook 749R/999R etc. group - buyers beware!!!

999S '06
post #49 of 193 (permalink) Old Feb 27th, 2016, 7:19 am Thread Starter

Garage
After that disaster I saw another system for sale in Italy (a couple of months ago) but it had also damage on the silencer and needed some repair if I remember correct.

In January @ecke sent me a PM letting me know there was an Akra for sale in the Netherlands - it was the same piece of crap I had returned to the seller earlier. Still hasn't sold, wonder why...

Mr. @ecke also had an Akra on his track bike. I never thought he would sell it but miracles do happen and after a few weeks the Akra was on its way to Finland - along with an RS tail, seat and Bursi mounting kit. The Akra really needs an RS tail to look good, with an original tail without a silencer cover it's definitely not too pretty.

Test fitted the RS tail bits last weekend, everything seems to fit OK although the tail/seat fitment on the tank could look better if the seat was a bit further. The Bursi mounting kits allows an RS tail and seat to be mounted on a street subframe by using four Dzus pins and threads for the tank bolt.

This is the latest pic of her, after that I installed the radiator.

I'll need to have the tail painted later once I have designed number plates for it and decided where to leave some bare carbon visible

I'll probably get a new seat too to replace the slightly damaged original RS seat. The huge bump pad will probably be replaced with a smaller one as well.

The painter picked up my 749R fairings a moment ago. Can't wait to get them back!
BMiller, Profy_X and Spanky101 like this.

999S '06
post #50 of 193 (permalink) Old Feb 27th, 2016, 8:19 am

Location: Champlin & Bakus 30 miles of serpentine State HWY 84 not one stop sign, mn, usa
Very very nice exhaust Jussi looks super love it ,looks great with RS tail . As far as your other repaired Akro. When buying titanium fabricated parts any weld color other than those beautiful factory welds has atmospheric contamination. The repairs on the first exhaust rendered it useless . Colors in the HAZ are great for jewelry !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode