My 999S "Isabella" - the full story - Page 4 - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 175 (permalink) Old Feb 25th, 2016, 11:29 pm
Semi retired duc fan

A thing of beauty sir........awesome job.

The world needs ditch diggers too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 175 (permalink) Old Feb 26th, 2016, 12:39 am

Pretty much

Quote:
Originally Posted by NielStrada View Post
Wow! That must be like new.

Hyper 1100 EVO SP
post #33 of 175 (permalink) Old Feb 26th, 2016, 12:41 am

So dare we ask the financial outlay so far?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusutus View Post
Yes I did but at that point it would have been a) too expensive b) hard to find. I'd love one though

Hyper 1100 EVO SP

post #34 of 175 (permalink) Old Feb 26th, 2016, 2:26 am

Garage
This is one sick build!

I bet when it is all finished, it's so nice that you'll put it away in your living room and start over with some other bike/project "to ride"..
ps. I remember seeing that same carbon-996 somewhere too.
post #35 of 175 (permalink) Old Feb 26th, 2016, 2:50 am Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGJ View Post
Nice bike. I love my 999S.

By the way the carbon vent covers were super easy to find... Lockhart Phillips has a bunch of well-priced carbon parts for the 999.

Lockhart Phillips USA : Aftermarket Sport Bike Parts
Thanks

I was looking for original DP parts only. Other manufacturers' parts are easy to find indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9finger View Post
A thing of beauty sir........awesome job.
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darenb68 View Post
So dare we ask the financial outlay so far?
Please don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtwin View Post
This is one sick build!

I bet when it is all finished, it's so nice that you'll put it away in your living room and start over with some other bike/project "to ride"..
ps. I remember seeing that same carbon-996 somewhere too.
Thanks, but I need to ride this one or swap it for an R

I've been dreaming of starting an RS replica build but haven't exactly got the money yet...
cb4265 likes this.

999S '06
post #36 of 175 (permalink) Old Feb 26th, 2016, 3:53 am Thread Starter

Garage
The story continues...

I've always loved the carbon fairings on a 999R. They are so nicely painted with the exposed carbon. I've been drooling over a set for quite some time now and a couple of weeks ago finally located a set of '04 749R carbon fairings. According to the seller there were "no scratches" and everything was like new. The deal also included a tank and Monoposto tail kit.

When I finally got the parts the carbon fairings weren't exatcly what they were supposed to be... Small scratches everywhere and paint missing in a couple of spots. The sound dampening materials on the insides were completely ruined - they well off in pieces and were partially moldy. The tank has minor surface rust on the inside wel seam but at least the the tail is perfect.

I'm still trying to get a partial refund from Paypal, but in either case I need to have the fairings fixed. Most likely I'll have them repainted with 999S texts, imitating the R style. I would have wanted a newer model front fairing but I'll probably get used to the old one. Need to paint the vent meshes black, don't like the silver ones.

Photo taken far enough to hide the scratches

There's a DP windshield (without parking light) coming from Sweden since the newer model has different bolt spacing so the old DP windshield won't fit.

How about a mystery photo? Anyone recognize this piece of art?

999S '06
post #37 of 175 (permalink) Old Feb 26th, 2016, 5:22 am

Garage
Hi jusutus! I'm searching for the carbon hugger for my 2005 999s! Where did you find it and do you remember what you paid for it? Could you share me as well the pdf versions of the dp parts catalogue for the 2005 model?
Greetz from belgium!!
post #38 of 175 (permalink) Old Feb 26th, 2016, 5:28 am Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jens.bal View Post
Hi jusutus! I'm searching for the carbon hugger for my 2005 999s! Where did you find it and do you remember what you paid for it? Could you share me as well the pdf versions of the dp parts catalogue for the 2005 model?
Greetz from belgium!!
It came from someone on this forum. I can help you find one if you want. I paid 270 with shipping and taxes

Here are the DP catalogs:

999S '06
post #39 of 175 (permalink) Old Feb 26th, 2016, 6:23 am

Location: Champlin & Bakus 30 miles of serpentine State HWY 84 not one stop sign, mn, usa
I can't say other than titanium , i would be very interested in seeing your dyno tune chart once you decide on a exhaust . Ive held back on changing from the kit . i ride on the street and don't want to compromise any midrange power . When the bike was tuned last spring Lofgren ran the Leo Vince TI. slip on power was very steady no bumps . i was very happy to see his results being i wanted to not look at the butt ugly Termi muffler it looks like a guppy .

if 666,was 999 ,Nero 06 999s
post #40 of 175 (permalink) Old Feb 26th, 2016, 6:40 am Thread Starter

Garage
I don't think I'll have the bike dynoed. I don't do track days and have no interested in crazy power. As long as the bike runs fine it's good enough for me. I didn't come across any issues last summer with the 57mm Termi + ECU (for a slip-on) + Pipercross filters + large air runners. It pulls good and doesn't act funny.

In my books Termignoni is the only exhaust that looks nice with the street setup (OEM tail, tail light and license plate bracket). All other silencers aren't designed with a tail light in mind. Plus it looks pretty balanced compared to the front part of the bike.

I bought a LeoVince slip-on about a year ago but ended up selling it since I did not like the look of the tail light bracket setup.

I really like the Termi but recently got the exhaust I've been looking for. Won't be installing it until next winter though along with some other bits.

999S '06
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode