My 999S "Isabella" - the full story - Page 3 - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 240 (permalink) Old Feb 25th, 2016, 12:35 pm Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darenb68 View Post
I might have missed something though; did you not think of starting with a 999R? Just curious.
Yes I did but at that point it would have been a) too expensive b) hard to find. I'd love one though

999S '06 "Isabella"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 240 (permalink) Old Feb 25th, 2016, 12:37 pm

Where did you get that carbon fiber seat pad from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusutus View Post

2003 Ducati 999
post #23 of 240 (permalink) Old Feb 25th, 2016, 12:38 pm Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelV View Post
Where did you get that carbon fiber seat pad from?
I bought it from the Netherlands from a private seller. Unfortunately he did not have more of them.

999S '06 "Isabella"

post #24 of 240 (permalink) Old Feb 25th, 2016, 12:42 pm

In which case I guess I should be shipping my bike over there :

03 Ducati 999R 1885 miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusutus View Post
Yes I did but at that point it would have been a) too expensive b) hard to find. I'd love one though

06 Multistrada 1078S
post #25 of 240 (permalink) Old Feb 25th, 2016, 1:13 pm Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:

With the current exchange rate that would be around 11500€. That plus freight costs, VAT (24%) and import taxes will be a lot of money...

Not to mention I'd only accept a 2005-2006 model

999S '06 "Isabella"
post #26 of 240 (permalink) Old Feb 25th, 2016, 1:21 pm
1st Gen Hypermotard Hooligan

Absolutely beautiful all the way!! No expense spared.
jusutus likes this.

'10 Hypermotard 1100 EVO SP l Termignoni 2-1 Full Exhaust l Reflashed ECU l PC-5 l Custom Dyno Tune l Corse Dynamics Velocity Stacks l UNI Pod Foam Air Filters l Remote Crankcase & Idle Air K&N Filters l DP Skid Plate l 1098 SFS Clutch Cover l Corse Dynamics Oil Fill & Drain Plugs l Speedymoto Frame & Axle Sliders l DP Reservoir Covers l DP Racing Seat l Antigravity Battery l 190/55 Rear l
post #27 of 240 (permalink) Old Feb 25th, 2016, 1:35 pm Thread Starter

Garage
Looks like there is a problem with Dropbox right now, hopefully the pics will be online again soon... "Error (429) This account's links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled!"

EDIT: Fixed!

But the story continues. As you all probably know, a bike is never finished and mine is not an exception to this.

For this winter I had nothing too special planned.

The titanium silencer was displayed earlier already. The rear brake looked a bit boring so I purchased a full floating Braketech Axis rear rotor from @COP TZR .

Recently I purchased a Brembo P2 34 billet rear caliper and an underslung bracket but wasn't too happy with the bracket, it tilts the caliper too much compared to the swingarm. Ended up selling it and will probably design my own once I have time to finish my CAD drawing and do a few more measurements. The caliper is in the storage for now.

Sold my TSS slipper some time ago and purchased the one I was drooling over when I got the bike - an STM Evoluzione with the upgraded spring setup.

It's not permanently installed yet since I need to check the alignment of one spacer. But it will look something like this:

A 999RS water union for the vertical cylinder is a real eye-catcher with the blue Samco hoses so I needed to get one. Found a new example from Germany.

An Öhlins DU510 for a reasonable price? Yes please. For some reason it has a silver adjustment nut instead of the blue one. Replaced the blue decal with a black one later to match the forks.

999S '06 "Isabella"

Last edited by jusutus; Feb 25th, 2016 at 5:45 pm.
post #28 of 240 (permalink) Old Feb 25th, 2016, 1:45 pm Thread Starter

Garage
The radiator was looking a bit nasty after 10 000km of dirty roads. Replacing the water union gave me a chance to do something about the radiator too.

After some cleaning, straightening a few fins and slightly painting them:

After having some wrist pain on longer runs last summer I tried to found out if it's possible to raise the clip-ons a bit without spending a fortune on a set of adjustable clip-ons and master cylinder reservoir relocationing. The beautiful Speedymoto top triple allows raising the clip-ons for about 12mm and also adjusting the angle. Originally wanted a black version but could not find one used so I bought a BNIB titanium colored one from eBay.

It came with a steering lock stop piece for 1x98 although it was advertised for 999, but luckily @moto provided me with the correct part. Thanks!

Installed with a MotoReva steering stem nut with RAM mount:

The original seat is very slippery even with leather pants so I wanted to try the DP neoprene seat. Bought a used one off eBay with minor damage.

A pic taken right before Christmas, new rear shock installed:

BMiller likes this.

999S '06 "Isabella"
post #29 of 240 (permalink) Old Feb 25th, 2016, 1:45 pm

Garage
Quote:

Wow! That must be like new.
post #30 of 240 (permalink) Old Feb 25th, 2016, 6:55 pm
DGJ

Nice bike. I love my 999S.

By the way the carbon vent covers were super easy to find... Lockhart Phillips has a bunch of well-priced carbon parts for the 999.

Lockhart Phillips USA : Aftermarket Sport Bike Parts

I also have the magnesium headlight cover, same rotors and a forged wheel only in front tho... (came like that from he previous owner.

One small comment on the clutch cover: in case the worse thing happens, a carbon cover won't protect your clutch. I had one but swapped it for something a little more robust.

Anyway, congrats, enjoy!
Warp Racer likes this.

'07 Sport Classic Sport1000 Biposto, Black
'05 999s, Black
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode