Can you I.D. this light switch? Could be SBK related.. but I don't know - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old May 10th, 2006, 8:20 pm Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
rustysrustyduc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Davis, CA, usa
Posts: 213
Can you I.D. this light switch? Could be SBK related.. but I don't know

Hi All,

I bought a switch from someone online advertising his switch as an "05 Ducati 749 light switch". And the switch I got is quite different from my 05 749 Dark light switch. First off, it doesn't have the "choke" lever in it. Secondly, the locations for all the switches are in different places.

Can anyone ID this switch, so when I sell it, I'm not totally wrong like the guy who sold it to me. Or perhaps someone can tell me its for a different country or whatever.

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	unknown_switch_1.JPG
Views:	146
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	2577   Click image for larger version

Name:	unknown_switch_2.JPG
Views:	103
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	2578  

_______________________________________________

I'd like to you to meet my EVIL TWIN. Welcome to the DARK side.
rustysrustyduc is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old May 12th, 2006, 3:15 am
Senior Member
 
Matt748's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Rockford, IL, USA
Posts: 153
I can tell you I have a 98 748 and mine is different and quite frankly more antiquated looking.

Matt
1998 Ducati 748/853 (Reverse shift, Arrow, chip, CF bits)
1989 Daytona Shelby (18psi, forged, built, low 13's if you can keep it pointed straight)
1996 ZJ (3" Lift, 1.25" spacers, 31" Tires)

"Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death..." Hunter S.

"98% of Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home."
Matt748 is offline  
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old May 12th, 2006, 10:27 am
Member
 
Gallep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Not Greeley, CO, USA
Posts: 54
Images: 10
I can tell you what it WON'T fit...2001 750ss and 2000 748.

EDIT

Actually I think thats just a generic replacement--->click here
Gallep is offline  
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old May 12th, 2006, 8:08 pm Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
rustysrustyduc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Davis, CA, usa
Posts: 213
Wow Gallep.. its amazing.. how did you find that?

I emailed the guy, and he said, he *may* have sent me his Monster switch. Grr.. and then no email response to my request to return his other switch.. I hate that. Sigh.. so I have some universal Italian switch.. odd.. what on earth am I going to do with this?

Thanks! You guys are amazing!

_______________________________________________

I'd like to you to meet my EVIL TWIN. Welcome to the DARK side.
rustysrustyduc is offline  
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old May 14th, 2006, 12:59 am
Member
 
Gallep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Not Greeley, CO, USA
Posts: 54
Images: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustysrustyduc
Wow Gallep.. its amazing.. how did you find that?

I emailed the guy, and he said, he *may* have sent me his Monster switch. Grr.. and then no email response to my request to return his other switch.. I hate that. Sigh.. so I have some universal Italian switch.. odd.. what on earth am I going to do with this?

Thanks! You guys are amazing!
I'm a google god
Gallep is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
cheap oil pressure switch fix kingsnake1650 Superbikes 17 Jul 10th, 2011 12:42 am
Fan switch for 749/999 bikes? shuyuan Superbikes 2 Mar 17th, 2006 6:25 am

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome