Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

New 848 in the house

984 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  heeroyun 
#1 ·
Hi, new on the superbike forum, not on the Ducati.MS forum as I ride a HM 1100S as well.
Just got the red 848, will pick it up tomorrow at the dealer. Read a lot of your threads, 848-1098, 1098-848, spent a couple of nights late surfing the net... 1098 is a great bike but I think too much for me. I am living on Long Island NY and not so many placez where you can use the full potential of the 1098. I want to grow on this bike and completely control it before upgrading to more power. The 848 has a lot of power for me already. Will do track days in few weeks and will have the right bike for me. I will use the search now to find the best steering damper for the bike. I am sure there are threads on it out there. Slipper clutch, sliders and exhausts already in order at the dealer. Will ride the beast tomorrow for first ride. No need to say that I am excited. Oliver

#2 ·
great choice my friend.....you will love it.

i chose the Ohlin's Damper kit that Dan Kyle offers, there are others out there though.

have fun

#4 ·
Hi Heeroyun

I used to live in Saigon from 1993 to 1996. I was working there. Back then you could find anything more than 125 cc. I sued to ride Vespas, Bonus, Hondas... all that local stuff. Can you ride Ducati now over there? Over 125 cc or the rule still rules?

#5 ·
A Hyper and a new 848, doesn't get much better than that. toughest decision I have each day is the choice I must make when I walk into the garage each morning. Soon to be your toughest choice also I'm guessing. Congrats on the new bike.

#6 ·
Jeff

Your garage should look like mine : HM 1100S and 848. And the decison will be hard everyday. I just finished all the mod on the HM and the bike is day and night from stock to mod. Arrow exhaust, Slipper clutch, PCIII for the technical part. I am starting to look at the mod on the 848, just to get the bike more "track ready": slipper clutch, arrow exhaust, sliders and steering damper. Needs to get the 600 miles and first day at the track on Sept 26 in NH. Second day in NJ on Oct 13th.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.