999 High comp. pistons/porting - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum
http://www.ducati.ms/forums
» Sponsors
» Insurance
Go Back   Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum > Ducati Motorcycle Forums > Superbikes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Feb 2nd, 2008, 5:34 pm   #1 (permalink)
ZDM
Super Senior Poster

999 High comp. pistons/porting

Opinions please..... went down to Fast by Ferracci today and talked to them about doing a high compression piston and port performance upgrade to my 03' 999. I was going to do a "stroker" kit but it's too expensive. Right now I have a 54mm full exhaust, DP ECU and PCIII custom mapped. I had the mapping done when I had a Termi 1/2 system. The PCIII along w/the ECU and 1/2 system gave me 130/77. Now I have a new DP ECU along with the 54mm full system and haven't had it remapped because it's running too well right now. So... has anybody installed high comp. pistons in their 999 running a similiar set up. I not a horsepower junkie but I'm wondering if this is a worth while upgrade. Its about $1500 all together for the work.
ZDM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 2nd, 2008, 8:30 pm   #2 (permalink)

We've got a 06 999s in the shop right now getting a set of hi comp pistons installed, should be done towards the end of next week. Once it's all done i'll let you know how it is.
tyler748 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Feb 2nd, 2008, 8:37 pm   #3 (permalink)
ZDM
Super Senior Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler748 View Post
We've got a 06 999s in the shop right now getting a set of hi comp pistons installed, should be done towards the end of next week. Once it's all done i'll let you know how it is.
Cool!!! Thanks Tyler!
ZDM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Feb 2nd, 2008, 11:25 pm   #4 (permalink)

yeah i'd be interested to find out as i've been wanting to do this for the longest time.

you should also consider lighter rods and lightened crank...and cam work....

tyler, what shop did you take yours to?
97 honda shadow
94 kawa 250
91 vespa piaggo 250 still runs
osayek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Feb 3rd, 2008, 11:05 am   #5 (permalink)

999 big bore kit

bcm has 102mm big bore kits 2006 999s with 57mm termi 136 rwhp. same bike with BCM 102 kit with stock heads and stock cam timing 148 rwhp They have been racing a bike with this set up for 2 seasons with 0 problems. kit is pistons and nickasil cil ,job done in the frame 10 hour job
mr-x is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Feb 3rd, 2008, 12:30 pm   #6 (permalink)
I hear airplanes

I'm gonna have to call them on monday because of you. 150 rwhp with a fully tuned nemisis can't be to hard if they got 148 on stock heads! Maybe in the mid 150's with ported heads.

Boring is the way to go, stroking it is only going to be harder on the motor, and require larger ports to get the most out of it. Piston speed will be higher, etc...

TAftonomos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Feb 4th, 2008, 2:01 pm   #7 (permalink)

999 big bore kit

call them on tuesday and talk to leslie the owner or miles at the front counter they are very helpfull. they are currently installing a 100mm fx kit in my 749r i was impressed when kyle showed me the power curves from the 102mm 999s and when i was there kyle was porting the 102 and freshining the motor after 2 race seasons. the pistons that came out were mint with no visible signs of wear after all the race time he felt that in the street applications they will have absolute no relibality issues.They told me all there parts are race tested before they go on a single street machine
mr-x is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Feb 14th, 2008, 3:41 pm   #8 (permalink)

Tyler, any update on the 999S with high comp?
devilisht2003 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Feb 14th, 2008, 3:51 pm   #9 (permalink)

Bikes all together, owner also installed a yoyodyne lightweight flywheel. Just waiting for a decent day to take it for the test ride, we just got a bunch of snow and ice so that's gonna mess things up for alittle while.
tyler748 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Feb 19th, 2008, 6:04 pm   #10 (permalink)

Ducpond

Hey all! I just dropped off my 03 999 at DUCPOND motorsports in Winchester, VA. I met Donnie and his wife and took me on a lil tour of the shop as well! All I have to say is that he is a very very cool person and that I can't wait till I finish the rest of my tour in the middle-east so I can ride my 999!

I was gonna take it to the local dealer to get the 6,000 miles service, but one of the mechanics told me about the DUC POND and I was going to get my cylinder heads ported and all and get the Pistal high compression pistons insalled. So I am getting my 6,000 miles serive and all that above at DUC POND while I am gone. Im also gonna get a valve angle job and etc.... So I can't wait to get back and feel the outcome!

It will be dyno tuned over there as well and as soon it is finished I will get the numbers and let you all know!

http://ducpond.com

*ACE*

703motogp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.