Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Weird Question

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  cake96861 
#1 ·
I have had my 05 999 for about a month now. Great bike but I have noticed something weird. At highway speeds 65+ I notice that the bike seems to pull or something to the left. I can lean into a nice right turn no problem, but turning left I dont want to lean into as much because it feels heavier if that makes sense? Anyone else feel this or is it just me???

#4 ·
Injected is 100% on it here. I had a tyre change and after that the bike seemed inclined to favour one side. After much head scratching I checked the markers on the swing arm and they were out. re-adjusted and everything was 100% again. Seems tyre guy had a fiddle...

#6 ·
If you determine that your rear wheel is out of alignment, you might not want to trust the alignment marks on the swingarm. Sometimes they aren't correct either.

You can take a piece of string and measure from a fixed point to the rear axle on both sides, and get your alignment spot on. Make sure you re-measure after you tighten the axle nuts/adjusters to insure nothing moved. ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.