Ducati 996 FIM UM222 Chip - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum
http://www.ducati.ms/forums
» Sponsors
» Insurance
Go Back   Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum > Ducati Motorcycle Forums > Superbikes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Mar 25th, 2012, 3:07 pm   #1 (permalink)

Lightbulb Ducati 996 FIM UM222 Chip

Hi,
Can anyone tell me where I can still buy a Ducati 996 FIM UM222 Chip?
I have a Ducati Performance COD 965025AAA installed at the moment.
I have read that the FIM chip is better and you can convert to single point injection.
I have 50mm Termi half system fitted with the Ducati Performance Chip, will I be better off going down the FIM route or not?
Is there any other way of making my Duke perform better without spending a fortune?
Any help would be fantastic!
Thanks in advance....Kevin
Addipops is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 25th, 2012, 6:39 pm   #2 (permalink)

For the Ultimap 222, contact Austin748. He had an 853 chip burned from the shop that has the UM222 map and that can burn you that chip. Probably around $180.

I hear that the Fast by Ferracci 996 chip works well and you can find that at a lower price.

You could have a talk with TomTom. It is likely be able to get the chip you want. He is in Euroland so he may be the cheapest route.

Or just wait for eternity for the 222 to show up.

Helping out a friend that went through what I went through.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KTW13QE
Namor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Mar 25th, 2012, 7:04 pm   #3 (permalink)
Buzzing the tower

I contacted Ducati Minneapolis (formerly SilverBack) to have a chip made for my 853. Be warned though, they raised the price to $250, citing computer issues.

pain heals, chicks dig scars, and glory lasts forever... -Shane Falco

Bumper sticker: Keep Austin Weird
"Like that would be a problem..." -Craig Ferguson

Speed COSTS. How fast do you want to spend?

Social Media: One giant group hug around a toilet bowl.

2000 748 (experienced a growth spurt...to 853 )
1991 FJ1200
-just like I don't talk to my wife about past girlfriends, I don't list my past rides either
Austin748 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Mar 25th, 2012, 7:29 pm   #4 (permalink)
Old Wizard

You can gain a lot of usable performance by lowering the gearing.

The 996 has a 1.84 primary ratio combined with a standard (non-close ratio) gearbox that makes it probably the highest geared stock Ducati ever. I strongly recommend that ALL 996 owners change from the stock 15/36 94-link chain to a 15/43 98-link setup (or the equivalent 14/40 96-links.)

This lower gearing also raises your top gear rpm at highway speeds to avoid the 3,500rpm stumble and 5,000rpm half-throttle bog that the UM222 smooths out. If you don't experience this stumble the FIM chip won't make a significant difference. It will however run lean at highest rpm because the single injector pulse duration maxes out.
Old Mar 26th, 2012, 1:27 am   #5 (permalink)

Thanks everyone,
I have check and the bike has a 15/43 98-link setup so I guess that is why I don't seem to have any issues the bike runs fine no problems at all no matter how I ride it.
I think changing the Chip would be a waste of money if I could even source one over here.

So my next question is what about Air Filters.
I have stock ones at the moment, I hear BMC Filters are very good but cost a few pounds.
Is there any others on the market I should consider?
Once again thanks for everyones help here!
Addipops is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Mar 26th, 2012, 1:46 am   #6 (permalink)
Old Wizard

Best 916/748/996 Air Filter

I recommend the Pipercross MPX038 Air Filter.

Air Filters - Stock vs Aftermarket, and Airbox Resonance - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum
Old Mar 26th, 2012, 5:31 am   #7 (permalink)

ultimap ceased trading over 3 years ago, so the only way to find any of their eproms is second hand or old stock. silverback, doug lofgren and myself can make the eproms, but i can't sell you one labelled um222 as i don't own the name.

if you're revving it hard enough to have any issues with high rpm leanness then you're riding the wrong bike.
Old Mar 26th, 2012, 8:20 pm   #8 (permalink)

Mine needs help smoothing it out in the lower rpms in 1st and 2nd gear along with stopping the backfiring.

I don't mind one bit paying $250 for a quality chip that is similar to or better than the um222.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.